Advanced

Re: GC6K6ZH Double XXXTreme Challenge

[Resolved] GC6K6ZH Double XXXTreme Challenge
June 06, 2016 08:45AM
Hi!!
I need a checker request but it might be a little more complicated than some of the other caches I've submitted as there are a couple of different options. In order to qualify a cacher has to do either Option A or Option B out of each of the 3 following groups. However, also in order to qualify at least 2 Option A's have to be completed.

Everyday:
Option A is 1 year streak + 5 or more finds for every day of the calendar grid
Option B is 10 or more finds for every day of the calendar grid

Everywhere:
Option A is double fizzy
Option B is 20 provinces, states or countries with at least 25 finds in each

Every chance you get:
Option A is one day on the calendar grid with at least 1,000 finds
Option B is 10,000 finds in total

If you have any questions just let me know. Thanks in advance for all of your assistance!! It is really appreciated.
scavengermonkeys
June 06, 2016 08:53AM
I think this one's going to need a new script. And since the script won't be particularly reusable, it might be a while before someone gets to it.
June 06, 2016 08:56AM
That's fine. There is no rush. If someone does get time in the next couple of months that would be great. Thanks in advance to whoever tackles it!!
June 06, 2016 10:35AM
I think most test exist on my multiple test checker. I now streak has not been added to it.
It is written to be modulare and for multiple choice challenges
June 07, 2016 01:27AM
I was wondering about the Multiple test Checker, but I see two other issues with using that:
1. The rule about at least two A options. I can't see any way of implementing that with the multiple test checker without duplicating tests.
2. The one about 20 provinces, states or countries with at least 25 finds in each. In fact, this is going to be tricky to implement anyway. scavengermonkeys, would you consider changing it to just region-level (states/provinces/territories/etc.)? Alternatively, 20 regions or 20 countries but not mix-and-match.
June 07, 2016 06:07AM
Yes, I would definitely consider changing it to just region level (ie. states/provinces/territories) if that would help.
Rod (scavengermonkeys)
June 13, 2016 08:24AM
Just so you know, this cache is the sequel for my grandfathered yet still active challenge cache called XXXTreme Challenge - Triple Crown of Geocaching (GC4GV67). I always planned to do this sequel and to double all of the requirements so hopefully a checker can be written. Because a 2 year streak challenge is no longer allowed and also time limited caching is not allowed I have had to alter the requirements slightly but I think this still matches the spirit and difficulty level
November 24, 2016 07:35AM
Hi, I was just thinking that if you remove the Option B's and just go with the 3 Option A's then it should be fairly easy to write a script for this one. So, just to be clear, a cacher would have to complete all 3 Option A's to qualify for this cache. Please let me know if this one can be completed now. Thanks very much in advance!!
November 26, 2016 01:43PM
With the enhancement to the multiple test checker I wrote recently, I think this will be possible as originally requested. I'll try it in a couple of days, since tomorrow is likely to be busy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2016 01:44PM by sumbloke. (view changes)
November 26, 2016 05:18PM
Thanks for getting back to me! If it is easier though to do it the new way I'd just go with that as I don't want to make too much work and it might be less confusing for people and look cleaner.
November 29, 2016 01:25AM
Okay, it turns out that Option B of "Everywhere" was going to need some more code written anyway, so I've just done the Option A only checker: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6K6ZH/23678

The one thing I have to confirm is about leap days for the "Everyday" check. Your reviewer might not approve it if leap days are required.
November 29, 2016 03:51AM
Thanks so much!! The checker works great! No, I wouldn't require leap days if it was going to cause a problem.
November 29, 2016 04:07AM
Okay, I've tweaked it to have leap days optional.
January 25, 2017 08:38PM
Hi sumbloke, sorry to bug you again but one of the reviewers thought this challenge might be a little too restrictive so I was hoping you could change it to the original concept where there were Option A's and Option B's as then it would be OK.
Here is what I would need:

I need a checker request where in order to qualify a cacher has to do either Option A or Option B out of each of the 3 following groups. However, also in order to qualify at least 2 Option A's have to be completed.

Everyday:
Option A is 1 year streak + 5 or more finds for every day of the calendar grid (Leap day could be optional or ignored)
Option B is 10 or more finds for every day of the calendar grid (Leap day could be optional or ignored)

Everywhere:
Option A is double fizzy
Option B is 20 provinces or states with at least 25 finds in each

Every chance you get:
Option A is one day on the calendar grid with at least 1,000 finds
Option B is 10,000 finds in total

Hopefully this can be done as the cache has been hidden in a perfect spot and the cache page is ready to go except for a revised checker. You said back in November that it might be possible due to the enhancement of the multiple test checker that you had recently written. I had said not to bother as I wanted to save you the time and effort but it looks like it will need to be done in order to get this challenge published. More cachers qualify with the Option B's put in but it will still be a true 5/5 cache. I started this one almost 8 months ago so it would be great to see it to completion.
Anyway, thanks again for all of your assistance with this challenge!! It is much appreciated!!
Rod (scavengermonkeys)
January 29, 2017 08:57AM
Hi!!
Is there any chance of getting this checker in the next 2 weeks? I want to hide this one as my 200th cache but that would mean I can't hide any other caches in the meantime (other than my monthly meeting hide for February). Also, it is an island cache and I was hoping to get it hidden while the lake is still frozen. Looking forward to hearing from you. All of your assistance is greatly appreciated!!
scavengermonkeys
January 31, 2017 08:22PM
Hi, I hadn't heard anything back since my last 2 posts so I was just wondering if they were received? I look forward to hearing from someone. Thanks very much!
scavengermonkeys
January 31, 2017 09:44PM
Please contact sumbloke directly by pressing the little envelop behind his name on the checker
February 01, 2017 08:17PM
Thanks to sumbloke this request is now complete and the revised checker works great! This topic has already been archived so no further action should be needed. Thanks again!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login