Advanced

Re: GC3BRGN need a Checker

[Resolved] GC3BRGN need a Checker
June 07, 2016 01:18PM
I need a Checker for GC3BRGN, Caches A-Z, but with 10 different Icons and each Icon of these 10 different Icons max. 5x
June 07, 2016 08:53PM
Quick question are there any types/icons you don't accept (do you accept all event types?)

You realize that your last requirement makes this tricker to write than you might think. It is easy to prove a found solution works, but how do you iterate through *all* possible solutions? I am going to have to work on the math some more, but for a person with 10000 finds, I believe it would take more than the allotted running time to try all combinations of A-Z to see if they meet your second two requirements (of course once you find one you stop, but what if you never find one). You would need to optimize your search somehow. Its actually a very interesting mathematical problem - I'll have to think about it a little bit more before I commit to doing it or not
June 07, 2016 09:05PM
Yes , all cache types are accepted . But there must also be at least 10 different .
June 08, 2016 01:58AM
I've already got the minimum number of types code in a spelling checker. Just need to tweak the code to add the maximum per type.
June 07, 2016 09:02PM
Actually I just re-read the "Read Me First" (new challenge criteria) and unless I am misunderstanding your challenge - it doesn't meet the criteria. See #10 - the unacceptable column states it can't be based on cache names (or owner names)
June 07, 2016 09:11PM
You are making the same mistake i often do.
The cache is an old grandfathered challenge
June 08, 2016 06:31AM
Here you go: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3BRGN/21327

As I was adding the functionality, I needed to do a couple of efficiency upgrades because it was timing out. So the script ended up more efficient, yay.
June 08, 2016 06:56AM
Thank you very much for the new Checker!! It's great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login