Advanced

Re: Upcoming challenges

Upcoming challenges
May 15, 2016 09:26PM
Hallo,

First of all I hope to be posting this message in the right forum.

Second, right before the start of the challenge moratorium I had quite a few "travel related" challenges in mind, and one year later, the number has just increased. Keeping into account that here in Belgium you are (better "were") just allowed to post challenge caches where the CO fulfills the requirements I was thinking on:

- Caches logged in 15 different countries
- Caches logged in 20 different countries
- Caches logged in 25 different countries

- Caches logged in 3 different continents
- Caches logged in 4 different continents
- Caches logged in 5 different continents

and two caches I'm still working on to fulfill:

-log caches in every possible "distance to find": <1 km, 1-10 km ...

- "Fly me to the Moon" (total cache to cache distance bigger than "distance to the moon")

Could you please guide me whether such checkers exist, and if not how to "get them done"?

Thanks for your support & regards from Belgium
May 15, 2016 10:27PM
Create the cache pages and post the GC codes for those challenges you have listed
All except "log caches in every possible "distance to find": <1 km, 1-10 km ... " can be taged easy.
The checkers ha no access to home coordinates because of privacy rules and it cant be checked.

The continent checker sets one continent per country so it is not completly correct
se more info at http://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&addTag&scriptId=1003
May 16, 2016 09:30AM
Thanks for the quick reply. My understanding is that:

- no new challenges caches can be created until further notice
- if and when they will be allowed, they will require a challenge checker "attached" to it

And now you mention that I should create a challenge cache so that a checker can be linked to it. But I don't think "my" reviewer in Belgium will ever allow that, right?

Or do you mean that I should create a cache, not request publication and publish here the GC code so that the checker can be done?

As you will see I'm a bit lost right now. Thanks a lot for your support :)
May 16, 2016 09:40AM
Yes the last one is correct
Challenges has to have a checker and checkers has to be configured with the gc codes. Else the checker listing on pgc will have no name on it
So create a listing for the cache for the challenge but dont send it in for review and post the GC codes here.

There is not need add anything to the listings except a name to sparade them.

If you don't have a choose a location i would the location of the cache where it will not block caches. N53 00.000 E003 00.000 is easy to write and is out in the north see.
May 16, 2016 06:10PM
Thanks for your quick reply. Ok, let's give it a try. I already prepared one of the caches: GC6HX4Q

Looking forward to your news..

Thanks in advance
May 16, 2016 06:13PM
An which challenge listed above shall be on that GC code?
May 16, 2016 06:22PM
Sorry, I was thinking somehow you could "see it". It is about logging a cache in 20 different countries (according to what GC understands as a "country", of course)

Thanks
May 16, 2016 06:30PM
Tagged GC6HX4Q http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6HX4Q/20492

Please create and post all challenges at once. To create multiple similar take almost no time relative to creating one at the time
May 16, 2016 06:56PM
I will, thanks. My idea is to see if I can figure out how to set up the first one and if it works, indeed post the remaining together.

Just can't wait till the Challenge Moratorium will end! ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login