Advanced

Re: Request for new tagging

Request for new tagging
May 16, 2016 12:37PM
Hello,

I'm a bit lost - maybe you can help: Do I need to post a checker request even if a suitable checker exists and I only would like to have a new tagging? Or did I just not find out how to create the tagging on my own?

Thanks for your help!
elbfather :)
May 16, 2016 02:06PM
It's fine to post a request here about it.

The tagging was formerly possible for everyone, but with all the added publicity we have removed that ability from those that hadn't already created tags. The reason is that the system can fairly fast be full of faulty tags if someone with the wrong intentions starts tagging, or someone who doesn't understand it.

Besides the fact that not everyone has access to tag anymore, all that would be needed is a new tag, which pretty much only requires understanding of our system and JSON.

PS! I would create a new thread for the request itself.
May 16, 2016 02:11PM
Thanks for the quick reply - I will add a request for the specific tagging of my planned challenge.
May 16, 2016 02:13PM
I forgot to mention that we will open up tagging for others as well at some point. It's likely that one will have to request access for it and then go through some form of simple test. I don't have any details yet, but I imagine something like "Tag this script to require 100 finds in Sweden and 50 mystery finds in Denmark".
May 16, 2016 02:12PM
Each challenge should have its own tag with the gccode and the config.
Else the checker will have the name of another challenge and a link to it. The example logs have the incorrect GCcode and it will be confusing for users. And the maps on gc.com will have ok/not ok symbols on the if the checker has been run manually or autocratically

If you have not tagged a checker before you cant dot it now because it is locked for new user

Post the GC code to the challenge and what the challenge requirements are.
If there exist one that is correct checker post a link to it and alos post the requirements. You might have misunderstand what the checker does.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login