Advanced

Re: Challenge Checker for GC2WT1K

[Resolved] Challenge Checker for GC2WT1K
June 13, 2016 09:02AM
Hello,

I need a Challenge Checker for GC2WT1K.

This is the description
Challenge: To find 26 caches, one beginning with each letter of the alphabet, including a minimum of 8 cache types (max. 5/type) and which are placed before 13.06.2011(except events).

Thanks in advance

Chilliesser
June 13, 2016 12:07PM
Groundspeak
Challenges cannot be based on these listing elements: cache titles, cache owner names, GC Codes, or listing text. This would include such challenges as “Find a cache for every letter of the alphabet” or “Find caches with the Periodic Table symbol in the GC code.” They generally reward database management, rather than geocaching achievement. More importantly, they often lead people to place caches whose titles start with a certain letter or contain a specific word, only to help people qualify for challenges.

Not allowed to have a challenge based on letters in the the name
June 13, 2016 12:19PM
You are right for new challenges. This is an older challenge and they are grandfathered as I know.

If you reply that you don't build a checker anyway it is ok and I will check manually if we fulfill the requirements.
June 14, 2016 07:00AM
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2WT1K/21463

This checker does not account for events after the 2011 cutoff date. To create a complete checker would require some significant rework. It also doesn't account for benchmarks, since they are not available in the API. You do qualify even without checking for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2016 07:02AM by sumbloke. (view changes)
June 15, 2016 11:26AM
Thanks a lot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login