Advanced

Re: modification of checker

[Resolved] modification of checker
March 13, 2018 09:08AM
Good morning,

some time ago my challenge has been posted in the original version, but after some reflection I think it would be a good idea actually to modify it, taking into account suggestions from this forum and other geocachers.
Ten days ago I, therefore, had written an update to my checker request: https://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,16365 including a big thank you to those involved in creating the checker and a request to modify it, but I realise now that nobody is going to read this as the thread has been moved to the archived section.
I am terribly sorry, but I have no clue how to move it back to this section, therefore, please excuse that I am opening a new topic.
In order not to duplicate: all the information necessary is contained in my last post in the thread indicated (https://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,16365).

Thanks a lot for all your help,
k+gw+a
March 13, 2018 11:09AM
Only arisoft can change the checker
March 13, 2018 10:01PM
The script is currently limited to check only 6 oldest finds. It is possible to allow larger number of finds to be used, 10, 12 or 999999. Anyway, this changes the challenge a lot more easier.
March 14, 2018 01:30PM
Hello, yes, I am aware that this makes the challenge a lot easier, but I think the criticism is founded that having found two very old caches in the US would block you from being able to fulfill it. (And some people are requesting to archive the cache because of this.)
Thus, if possible, please change the checker so that it only checks whether there are 6 caches older than 6000 days in 6 different countries, but drop the condition that these have to be the 6 oldest caches you have found.

Thanks a lot and sorry for being complicated ...
Pzi
March 14, 2018 01:39PM
k+gw+a, I guess the Checker is working correctly for this challenge.

Condition: Die sechs ältesten Caches, welche ihr gefunden habt, müßt ihr in sechs verschiedenen Ländern gefunden haben. Und sie müssen mindestens 6000 Tage alt sein.

First you have to change your condition. ;)

regards
Peter
March 14, 2018 02:01PM
Number of caches used is now unlimited (=999999)
March 15, 2018 08:20AM
Perfect, thanks ever so much, arisoft.
I have amended also the challenge condition in the listing.
Thus, I hope, everything is fine now.
Once again thanks a lot for creating and for amending the checker!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login