Advanced

Re: Need Checker - GC7PW27 Variety Challenge 1x50

[Resolved] Need Checker - GC7PW27 Variety Challenge 1x50
May 17, 2018 09:52PM
I’m looking for a flexible checker that looks at the totals of the various possible types of caches. I’m planning a series that ranges from 1 x 50 (qualifies if they have at least 50 of any single type of cache) to 7 x 100 which would require a minimum of 100 finds in seven different types. The types include Traditional, Unknown, Virtual, Earthcache, Letterbox Hybrid, Multi-cache, Wherigo, Webcam, and Event -- with Event being the total of all their various types of events (Event, Cache In Trash Out, Mega, Giga, GPS Adventures, Block Party, Lost & Found Celebration, Lost & Found event)

It looks like the Same X Different Y (by SeekerSupreme) as used on GC4MH7F would be easiest to adapt, although I don’t know if it’s including all the event types into one category like the checker (marked DO NOT USE) on GC4MH83 does. BTW, I'd rather NOT have the long listing of the next closest category (i.e. the type next closest to qualifying) in the output.

At this point, I’ve only created one draft cache listing (Variety Challenge, 1x50) but have plans for 50 finds, 75 finds, 90 finds, and 100 finds series once the 1x50 edits are completed. Each series will run through 7x. (And yes, I realize that thre are a handful of these that I can’t submit yet although I’ll have both multi & letterbox over 100 in the next two or three weeks. Getting my events over 100 may take until the end of the year.)
May 17, 2018 10:28PM
Here is a link to a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7PW27/34841 which avoids the problem with the combined events.

Please test and advice if this is suitable.

By the way, GPS Adventures is not an event type
May 17, 2018 11:29PM
That's great! Thanks much. I'll have the rest of the 50 series requests shortly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login