Advanced

Re: GC6E3PW - small update to parameters needed

[Resolved] GC6E3PW - small update to parameters needed
July 05, 2016 02:13PM
I have an existing un-published challenge cache that I am working on (GC6E3PW). I already have a tag that I created before the moratorium was lifted, but now I am unable to edit it and it needs a small change to just the parameters. Can someone please update the following?

Change:
- counties to 14 (currently 13)

Thanks so much for all that you do for the community!

Full checker url: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6E3PW/19173

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 01:44PM by TNnomad. (view changes)
July 05, 2016 03:55PM
Formerly anyone using Project-GC could create tags. This was changed the last months to be permission based and we added everyone who owned an active tag into the list. Since your tag wasn't active, you did not get permissions.

I saw two solutions to help you, either I updated the tag, but then you wouldn't be able to change it in the future either. Instead I gave you permissions to tag scripts, that should also make you able to edit your own tag. This is however fairly untested yet, so please inform us if it doesn't work.
July 06, 2016 05:12AM
That's cool - I am fine with removing that restriction. I do need to have the number of counties fixed though...
July 06, 2016 10:53AM
Did you manage to fix it yourself after I gave you permissions?
July 06, 2016 01:44PM
YES! Thank you so much! And I removed the date restriction.
August 30, 2016 01:38PM
Hello,

I finally got my cache using this checker submitted and my reviewer noted that the tag is disabled. How to I enable it?

Thanks for the help!
August 30, 2016 01:43PM
Never mind - I figured it out.
July 05, 2016 03:56PM
Using the minVisitDate is probably against the guidelines for challenges. I believe it was against the former guidelines as well actually.

All finds must count if I remember correct. You can double check that with your reviewer.
July 06, 2016 01:21AM
Guideline 13: Restrictions on date of finds used for the challenge are not permitted.
July 06, 2016 01:45PM
Thanks everyone for their feedback. This has been resolved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login