Advanced

[Resolved] NE Letterbox Challenge GC7TJ6B

[Resolved] NE Letterbox Challenge GC7TJ6B
July 13, 2018 08:54PM
I would appreciate a checker for a fairly simple Challenge on the lines of some of the Trophy Challenge county types. What I can't determine yet is the level at which qualifying will be set. For that I need the checker first so I can test that a minimum number of cachers qualify, which is what the Reviewer will want to know.

The Challenge is to have logged at least the following number of Letterbox caches but I may have to modify some of these levels.

County Durham 60
Tyne and Wear 12
Northumberland 15

Many thanks
Re: NE Letterbox Challenge GC7TJ6B
July 13, 2018 09:50PM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7TJ6B/36109

Please test and let us know how to tweak it. :)
July 13, 2018 10:37PM
Thanks. It seems to be working fine but has raised some tricky issues about county boundaries which will affect the qualification levels. Unfortunately the main series of 10 letterboxes in Tyne and Wear runs along the boundary with County Durham and some are counted in one county and some in the other. Is it possible to produce a list of the letterboxes in each of the 3 counties It only totals about 100.
July 13, 2018 11:09PM
I've changed the checker to list the finds as well. Hopefully that will help you fine-tune the limits.
July 13, 2018 11:37PM
Splendid. Thanks. I will leave this open for a few days until I have agreed the limits with the Reviewer.
July 13, 2018 11:52PM
The list has shown up an issue on my own finds. The following are either in Tyne and Wear or Co Durham but don't appear in either county on the checker list. I use the ProjectGC script and they show up on the cache page as in Co Durham (in GSAK they are shown as Tyne and Wear). I don't mind which they are in as long as they are counted somewhere.

GC74Y4T #6 – PBLS
GC74Y52 #7 – PBLS
GC74Y5D #9 – PBLS
GC74Y5N #10 - PBLS
July 14, 2018 12:18AM
Seems they're part of County Durham. You can use the following quick checker to pinpoint where your finds are reflecting:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges//36112
July 14, 2018 11:46PM
I have discussed with the Reviewer and agreed that the qualification levels should be set at the numbers below. Could you please amend the checker accordingly. With any luck the cache can be finalised once this has been completed.

County Durham 55
Northumberland 12
Tyne and Wear 10
July 15, 2018 12:33AM
Limits updated.
July 15, 2018 12:46PM
Thanks. All complete now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login