Advanced

Re: GC7V0N2 Challenge Cache: North or South?

[Resolved] GC7V0N2 Challenge Cache: North or South?
July 25, 2018 02:39AM
NOTE: I need a checker for my Challenge. My local GC has approved the challenge pending availabiity of a Project GC Checker.

Challenge description

Cache IS at posted coords. Before logging a find, please read the cache requirements as set out below.Please bring your own writing instrument and replace cache as found. There is plenty of parking near GZ, but please use stealth when retrieving the container.

The Challenge
In order to log this cache as a find, you must have found 2 caches, one in Canada and one in the United States.

The Twist

The cache you find in Canada must be south of the cache you find in the United States

The Rules

1. For verification purposes, there is a project-gc checker below
2. You are welcome to find the cache before completing all of the requirements. If you do, please just sign the log and post a note on the cache page. Then, after you have completed the challenge, you can come back and log it as a find.
3. Logged finds that do not qualify will be deleted.

I need a geo-checker that confirms the north coords for the CDN cache are south of the north coords of the USA cache Thank-you for your assistance on this matter.

Doolins
July 25, 2018 03:29AM
Interesting. That's a nice twist on the challenge. I can't think of any current script which will handle it, so I'll mark this as needing a new script. Shouldn't be a particularly difficult script to write and I might have a go a bit later...
July 25, 2018 10:17AM
Shouldn't be too hard to calculate either, the most southerly cache matching criteria x (must be in canada) is less than the most northerly cache matching criteria y (must be in USA) - although the equator/meridian makes things a bit more complex for the generic case.
July 26, 2018 11:08PM
I made a checker for this challenge:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7V0N2/36288

Please test and tell us whether it is suitable for you.
July 27, 2018 02:12AM
I tested the checker - it is excellent! Thank you very much.
July 27, 2018 02:11AM
I tested the checker - it is excellent! Thank you very much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login