Advanced

Re: GC7V8VQ Kane County Oldest Caches Challenge [checker needing improved]

Cache disabled, per HQ:

The checker must be modified, to state that it's the oldest caches at the time they were found by the user, and not the oldest at the time the user logs the challenge cache?

You can reference this checker....sloth96 - Generic Oldest in N Regions, and hopefully modify it to the county (Kane County, IL).
July 31, 2018 09:36AM
I fear that this checker can not do exacely what asked. Your checker was tagged to excelude archived and disabled caches so it is using the current list. If archived and disabled caches are allowed the result is not exactly "oldest at the time the user logs the challenge cache" but may be it is enough to get this accepted.
July 31, 2018 10:41AM
There is no script that compares your finds against what was the oldest caches at the time of each specific find. All the scripts work from the list of the current oldest caches. I can change your checker to include finds on archived caches. Just not sure what the reviewer wants. Maybe ask for more detail and post it here?
July 31, 2018 12:36PM
Right arisoft, apparently no longer wanting oldest at time of logging the challenge cache.

If you allow disabled/archived, I think that would accomplish the goal.

However sloth96 generic oldest in N regions works, that's what they are wanting. You might just let me know so I can explain it to other cachers if there's questions.
July 31, 2018 12:49PM
The "generic oldest in N regions" is used to find the top caches in N regions. You requested finds for the top caches in Kane County (IL). Ergo, sloth96's script can't be used for this. I created a checker using sloth96's script to find 5 caches in regions across the USA, ie. no Kane County or IL restrictions:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7V8VQ/36366

You will note that this is very different to what you requested. So please let us know how we can assist.

PS: I've removed the archived/disabled restriction from the original checker we provided.
July 31, 2018 02:45PM
Reviewer Smith here, I think that is the point my peers we're making is that it needs to include archived listings as well to count towards the qualifications...

Ok.
July 31, 2018 02:55PM
Thank you. Do I need to repaste the checker or will the link be updated as well?
July 31, 2018 02:57PM
The original checker link is unchanged so you can use it as is. I'll discontinue the second link shortly as I was just trying to demonstrate why that script can't be used for this challenge.
July 31, 2018 03:08PM
OK, the original checker no longer restricts even older archived/disabled caches with no changes in the link. I've resubmitted, fingers crossed. Thanks again.
July 31, 2018 03:28PM
I meant: the link is unchanged but the functionality (archived/disabled) is different. Good luck!
August 01, 2018 03:10PM
Just so I understand the checker. The current oldest 9 active caches in Kane County published from 4/13/02 to 4/6/03. Is the checker now looking for 5 caches found on or before 4/6/03?
August 01, 2018 03:17PM
It looks for the 9 oldest caches in the county. To qualify you need to find at least 5 of them. Finds on archived caches should also count.
August 16, 2018 02:33AM
Cache is published so I assume the checker is good. Resolving request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login