Advanced

Re: Request Tag Amendment: Checker 21713

[Resolved] Request Tag Amendment: Checker 21713
July 11, 2016 03:49AM
Hi,

In the review process for my Challenge GC6MH8T 27 Degrees South Challenge, it was brought to my attention that new challenges must be limited to a Geographic region (Country, State, County).

May I please request the checker which was created for this challenge (http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6MH8T/21713) be amended to include the parameter to restrict finds to Australia. I believe the below would be the new necessary tagging, with the primary change being the addition of ("Country": "Australia",) and hope that the below is in the correct format for this checker.

{
"Direction": "South",
"Degree": 27,
"Country": "Australia",
"ExcludedTypes": [
"Locationless (Reverse) Cache"
],
"ShowTypes": true
}

I very much appreciate your assistance with this change,

Regards
Joel - OrionJ
July 11, 2016 04:15AM
Are you sure they have to be limited to an area?
the guideline is

Challenge cache criteria may be based upon these geographic areas: countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent).
Notice the MAY part

My guess is that the reviewer said that limits with a fine per minute was not allowed?

But you have to contact the tagger to change. Only the tager and script owenr can change the tag. In this case the tagger is sumbloke
July 11, 2016 04:31AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I was unaware that only the script creator and tagger were able to change this, and posted publically here, as not to put too much onto specific people.

The reviewer specifically stated the geographic area guideline as the issue saying "Geographic areas outside of this are not allowed for now sorry."

I will contact sumbloke directly to request the change.

Thank-you
Joel - OrionJ
July 11, 2016 04:43AM
I suspect that the geographical area refererad to by the reviewer is the area between S37 00.000 and S37 01.000 and the 59 other in the challenge and not that a country is missing.
You can only geographical limit per countries, states/provinces, counties and not by specified coordinates

But I might be incorrect
July 11, 2016 04:43AM
I have adjusted the tag as requested, however I read your reviewer's comment as being that they object to there being geographic restrictions (minutes of that degree of latitude) that are not country, state/province or county.
July 11, 2016 04:52AM
Hi,

In my original submission for the cache I failed to include any geographic limit, with the checker and the listing reading that the finds could be made within any country along S27. The full reviewers comment is below relating to the geographic area.

I'm sorry to say but HQ have asked us to limit challenge caches to the following from the guidelines,

Challenge cache criteria may be based upon these geographic areas: countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent).

Geographic areas outside of this are not allowed for now sorry.

Unless I have misinterpreted the way they intended it, limiting the finds to be within a single Country, I believe should satisfy the guideline. There was no mention of the other challenge criteria being an issue.

Thank-you for your assistance in adjusting the tag.

Regards
Joel - OrionJ
July 11, 2016 04:59AM
What they seem to be saying is that you're not allowed to specify any geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces or counties as restrictions on where a cache can be found to qualify.

For example, you would no longer be able to specify "Australian caches west of E129" but would be able to specify "caches in Western Australia" (which is effectively the same area).
July 11, 2016 04:38AM
Is the preferred method to contact the tager, via the Geocaching.com website or is there a way to do so through the Project-GC website, as I do not seem to be able to find it if there is.

Thanks
Joel - OrionJ
July 11, 2016 04:45AM
The standard contact method would be to use the link next to "Tagged by: ..." on the checker page. In this case you don't need to bother, since I saw your post before you got to that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login