Advanced

Re: GC7XZMB 5 x Confluence caches

[Resolved] GC7XZMB 5 x Confluence caches
September 19, 2018 11:06AM
Hi,
Could someone supply a checker to indicates that player has found 5 caches at confluence points ie: 59 00.000 13 00.000 or any of the other 1000's of combinations.
If player owns one confluence cache this can count as one of the 5 logs.
Thanks
Flasharry
September 19, 2018 01:34PM
I'm sorry but the challenge is not allowed under the current guidelines

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

Not acceptable
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
September 19, 2018 02:33PM
Strange, the whole game is about latitude and longitude!
Ok you can scrap this one then
Thanks anyway
September 19, 2018 05:07PM
In my opinion the quoted rule refers to areas defined with longitude and latitude, but I haven't managed to get a ruling from the resident (forum) reviewer about that. It could be debated that confluence points are simply very small areas, but I suppose we'll never know.
September 19, 2018 05:11PM
At the start of the new guidelines I had a challenge like this refused by a reviewer in the States that's why I gave a negative advice.
September 19, 2018 05:16PM
Yes, but it seems that some reviewers allow certain challenges and other reviewers don't. Take the oldest cache debate we've had here fairly recently. Seems the guidelines can be read/understood/interpreted differently. But yes, if the reviewer declined there's nothing we can do.
September 20, 2018 01:01PM
Actually, I want to continue with this so please supply a checker.
I will try to get it published and discuss with the reviewer.

The whole idea of the new guidelines was to get rid of challenges that were too complicated, ambiguous etc, caches which caused arguments etc.

This challenge leaves no room for error, it is as black and white as the chess board. Simply caches with lots of zeros.

Regards
Flasharry
September 20, 2018 01:55PM
Checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7XZMB/37364

Please test and let us know if it's suitable. If they decline, please let me know so I can cancel it.
September 20, 2018 01:56PM
Ask your local reviewer if he would allow such a challenge but in any case you do not qualify your own challenge yet
September 20, 2018 02:56PM
Thanks Pieterix and vogelbird,
I thought I had done more confluence caches but it looks like I have to do some work first, there's a few near me so I'll get them soon. I'll get back to you.
October 18, 2018 02:20PM
Hello again,
Can I change the checker to finding 3 confluence caches with at least one of them being in a another country?
Thanks

Flasharry
October 18, 2018 02:22PM
I've changed it to 3 finds in minimum 2 countries. Will that do?
October 18, 2018 02:34PM
Yeh, that's perfect.
Let's see if they accept it now??
Cheers
October 18, 2018 02:46PM
Don't forget you have to prove to your local reviewer that there are sufficient cachers in your local area who qualify for your challenge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login