Advanced

Re: Checker for a puzzle cache per day challenge

[Resolved] Checker for a puzzle cache per day challenge
July 22, 2016 06:13PM
I am hoping to create a challenge cache where you must find 31 puzzle caches , one on each day of the month
For example you must have found a puzzle cache one on the 1st , 2nd, 3rd, of the month on ANY month of the year right up to the 31st.It is possible to have found a puzzle on the 1st of January, another on the 2nd of February and so on. The finds do not have to be in the same month
Puzzles that you solved in previous years are allowed
But
•Only puzzle caches are allowed (ie they must all have the "?" icon).
The following cache-types will not be allowed:
a) Challenge caches (such as this one or the new Challenges)
b) Bonus caches (where you find the co-ordinates by simply collecting numbers from a series of other caches).

I am hoping that someone will kindly help me develop a checker
Do I also have to place it on the cache page. Any advice as to how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Laura
July 22, 2016 06:24PM
>•Only puzzle caches are allowed (ie they must all have the "?" icon).
>The following cache-types will not be allowed:
>a) Challenge caches (such as this one or the new Challenges)
>b) Bonus caches (where you find the co-ordinates by simply collecting numbers from a series of other caches).

That is not allowed. There is not way to detect a challenge except badly from the cachenamne and challenges cant rely on the name of the cache.
There is no way to find out if it is bonus cache. It is in theory possible from understanding the cache description but a challenge cant use cache description in any way.

The other part is easy but i am not completely sure it will be allowed.
Please post the GC code if you like to have a checker withoute challenge och bonus cache detection
July 22, 2016 06:28PM
Hi there Target
This is the GC code
GC6NFQT
Thanks for the info
Laura
July 22, 2016 08:44PM
Here is a checker which excludes Challenge caches and Bonus caches .
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6NFQT/22000

Some puzzle caches with the word challenge will be excluded too.
Let's see if your reveiwer allows this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 08:48PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
July 22, 2016 09:49PM
Thanks a million.
I will see how that goes.
Laura
July 22, 2016 11:23PM
Hi Vogelbird
Can I please ask a question.?
What do you mean by "Some puzzle caches with the word challenge will be excluded too"
Does that mean that challenge caches that ask you to find cache titles with food items or song titles are excluded or does it mean something else?
Regards
Laura
July 23, 2016 12:02AM
There are a few real puzzle caches which have the word challenge in the cache title. Those caches will also be excluded.
July 23, 2016 09:32AM
The reverse is also true some old challenges don't have challenge in the name.

There will be the same problem with bonus caches. Some with bonus in the name will not be bonus caches and some bonus caches will not have bonus in the names.

But my guess is that will be irrelevant. The challenge is likely to be rejected by the reviewer because of cache name usage.
July 23, 2016 05:36PM
Hi there Target and Vogelbird
This is all new to me so I have another question and I would like to get your opinion please..
Would your suggestion be that the challenge should include all blue icon challenges in order for it to be permitted, and so to not have the exclusions on the Bonus and Challenge cache types?
I have submitted it with the exclusions for review and am awaiting a response.
Laura
July 26, 2016 07:34PM
Hi again Target and Vogelbird

I asked the reviewers about the puzzle cache challenge and as you suspected it was not within the current guidelines.
So I am hoping that you can create another mystery challenge checker please with a few changes
The bones of the challenge cache is the same. you must find a mystery cache , any in the bracket that has a blue icon on each day of the month from the 1st to the 31st , making a total of 31 caches.
For example you must have found a puzzle cache one on the 1st , 2nd, 3rd, of the month on ANY month of the year right up to the 31st.It is possible to have found a puzzle on the 1st of January, another on the 2nd of February another of the 3rd of December and so on. The finds do not have to be in the same month
Past mystery finds of previous years are allowed.
Challenge caches and bonus caches will be allowed
Could I please ask again for a checker for this
The GC code is GC6NFQT
Laura
July 26, 2016 07:48PM
The checker is adjusted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login