Advanced

Re: Maine County Song Challenge

[Resolved] Maine County Song Challenge
July 26, 2016 01:32AM
Need a challenge checker GC6P48Z Maine County Song Challenge. In order to log this cache, the cacher must have found a cache (except events, locationless, lab caches, moving caches and caches placed by finder) in each of Maine's counties. My profile shows caches found in all Maine counties.
July 26, 2016 06:58AM
Here you go: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6P48Z/22030

Two notes:
  • "Moving caches" can't be detected as there is no consistent attributes to look for. For the same reason it wouldn't be allowed as an exclusion under the current guidelines.
  • This checker doesn't check for self-signed caches. It would be possible to have a new script written which could do that, but I suspect it will be very low on most script-writers' lists given it's a rare issue to be dealt with.
July 26, 2016 09:33AM
There is an official bookmarklist with traveling/locationless caches by groundspeek that is excluded from som official state
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=7cf4124c-1061-4412-b79a-7df1df4d8783
That could be use and might be allowed but a new script is needed.
The "caches placed by finder" have a unsolvable problem that adopted caches cant be detected and would alos be excluded.

But to do all that a new script is likly needed and someone has to write it
July 29, 2016 01:03AM
Dear kindly sirs: I notice that on other county challenge checkers, lists of counties found (listing the cache that meets the requirements) is listed. As well as a list of counties not found.
Would it be possible to get this for my challenge checker?
Thanks!
July 29, 2016 01:19AM
Sorry, missed that attribute. I've added it now.
July 29, 2016 01:37AM
Dear kind sir,
Thank you, now the only thing missing is the list of counties NOT found. It is so kind of you to help me.
July 29, 2016 01:56AM
That particular script doesn't seem to have any option to list the unfound counties. If you can point me to any county checker which does, I'm happy to re-tag this challenge.
July 29, 2016 02:08AM
This script wil do this but your config is not set up correct
July 29, 2016 02:17AM
Ah, found how to do it. Fixed now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login