Advanced

Re: 8 types over all 9 DT values

[Resolved] 8 types over all 9 DT values
December 23, 2018 09:43PM
Hi

I’d like a checker for at least one of each of these cache types in all nine DT spots. So in either D or T 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, and 5.
You don’t need both D and T. Either one is ok.
The same cache can count for two values.
For all these types please
Trad, multi, unknown, letterbox, wherigo, earchcache, virtual, events (includes all event types)
GC code is GC81M0Q
After checking local qualifiers I may need to ask for it to be modified.
In fact I think all 8 types may be too much so can the checker smile for 7 out of the 8 at this stage please?
Could the output please include a list under each value ftom 1 to 5 of the qualifying caches for both qualifiers and non- qualifiers please?
Thanks very much again.
Compliments of the Season :)
Bill
December 24, 2018 01:01AM
Here is one checker which is near to your requirements but not exactly.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC81M0Q/39059

A: The script needs as many different cache types as you have in D/T categories. So, 9 D/T levels needs 9 different types. I used event and CITO as 8th and 9th types.

B: The script can not join all event types to a single type. So, it needs both event and CITO and skips other event types.

C: If less than 9 types are allowed then less than 9 D/T categories would be allowed. That's why I adjusted it to require all 9 types and D/T categories.

The challenge is not very difficult even with these modifications. You may use this checker for evaluation. Different script is needed for full compatibility.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 01:07AM by arisoft. (view changes)
December 24, 2018 01:41AM
Thanks for your work arisoft,

I apologise as I did not make myself clear.
I wanted a checker that finds the 9 DT values for EACH ONE of the eight types. So that is 72 checks.

I suspect that events may be a step too far especially as they are now constrained to D=1. So maybe just the other 7 would be more reasonable?

Happy to discuss.

Thanks again

Bill
December 24, 2018 01:46AM
The checker is easier to make that way.

I could have events checked but they may fail every time because there is no variation.

I have to adjust the checker.
December 24, 2018 02:08AM
Now it contains 7 separate tests for every cache type.
The 8th "all events" category is possible to add if you wish.

Please test and tell us whether it is suitable for you.
December 26, 2018 11:08PM
Hi again arisoft,
Thanks very much. I have tested it now. While we qualify, the local reviewer wants us to be able to demonstrate 10 other locals who qualify. And to do that we need to lower the bar. Can you please modify it to give a positive response on the checker for four of the seven successfully being 9/9?
Thanks
Bill
December 26, 2018 11:28PM
Now it is adjusted to accept 4/7. Please, test again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login