Advanced

Re: GC81NKJ -- Brussels Cachers' Challenge -- Find Caches of 2 / 3 different types in all 19 municipalities of Brussels

Hi !

I'd like to create a new Challenge Cache.
The listing is under construction, and the GC-Code is : GC81NKJ.
The Challenge would be to have found several Caches of different types in each of the 19 municipalities of the Brussels Region.

In fact, it would be comparable to : GC7J8FC -- Challenge Regio(n) Brussel / Bruxelles.

But my new Challenge would require more than 1 Cache, i.e. several Caches of different types.

Can you create a challenge checker for this ?

Maybe it is possible to start from the checker created for GC7J8FC, and generalise it ?

In a perfect world ( thanks in advance for that ;-) ), is it be possible to 'parametrise' the script, so that I can fine-tune later whether the Challenge will be to have found 2 or 3 different Cache Types ?

Looking forward to read your feedback.

Thx so much !

TArGuK
Guy
Here is the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC81NKJ/39089

You qualify for 2 types but not yet for 3 types according to this checker.

Please test and tell us whether it is suitable for you.
Hello again !

Thx a lot for your rapid reaction, great job, well done !
I tested a bit, seems OK, does what I expected.

Just one suggestion ... if possible :
could the script output include all 19 municipalities and the found types in each of them.
Currently, the script output seems to only include the municipalities for which the challenge is fulfilled.
In my case, Ganshoren, where I probably have 2 types, is not displayed.
Can this be changed ?

Now ... I do not qualify for 3 types.
Let's settle for 2 types then.

Can you create a version of the scripts for 2 types please ?

Thx for your great contribution !

TArGuK
Guy
I changed the requirement for 2 types.

Now it have 2 tests. One for 2 types as before and an extra test for only one cache type which displays the output if there is any caches found.

Tag parameters for testing all 19 municipalities one by one (19 separate tests) could be too long for this script, but I could try it when you have decided the final requirements.
Hi arisoft

Thx a lot !
Let's keep it as it is now, just great !
No need to further change the tests.

Thx again for your contribution !

TArGuK
Guy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login