Advanced

Re: Mele Kalikimaka Challenge

[Resolved] Mele Kalikimaka Challenge
December 27, 2018 08:01PM
GC817EZ i know you guys see a lot of challenges more than i do i recently got this one kicked back and i think it should be published . Simple put find 15 caches in Hawaii and 15 KY. I will attach the reveiwer response i know you guys do not over rule just looking for input before i send to hq,s. I seen a cache published near by that required 7 countries that seems a lot more radical than 2 states.
Temporarily Disable ListingTemporarily Disable Listing
12/22/2018
Greetings. I have just reviewed your cache submission.

I have reviewed your challenge cache submission and have found an issues that prohibits the cache from being published as it stands now.

This cache does not meet the definition of a challenge cache which states "Challenge caches encourage geocachers to set and achieve fun goals." Getting to visit Hawaii is not a caching goal and this cache is a reward as opposed to an achievement.

Before addressing the specific issues with the challenge cache, I would urge you to review the Challenge Geocaches topic in the Help Center.

I have temporarily disabled the cache listing. Please make the appropriate changes and re-submit the cache for review once adjustments have been made.
December 27, 2018 08:56PM
The reviewer didn't like it. It is quite possible that the HQ won't like it either.

One problem I can see is that the reviewer didn't suggests anything else than reading guidelines, but there is no such guideline, the advice is worthless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 08:57PM by arisoft. (view changes)
December 27, 2018 09:01PM
I suggest you write to the appeal team because there are caches like this published in Europe where people are required to travel substancial distances.
December 27, 2018 09:07PM
Thanks for info i read it the same way, there is a cache 40 miles from here that requires you to cache in 7 countrys published about 7 months ago , i would just like consistancy and i know you guys see a lot of things.

steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login