Advanced

Re: GC87RKW - the 7.5 diagonal challenge

ZQX
[Resolved] GC87RKW - the 7.5 diagonal challenge
May 13, 2019 01:12PM
Hi there checker maker volunteers,
I'd like to request a checker for the following criteria:
The challenge is to get a 100 or more caches whose D+T is exactly 7.5.
In the DT grid, the six squares that count are: 5.0/2.5, 4.5/3.0, 4.0/3.5, 3.5/4.0, 3.0/4.5, and 2.5/5.0.
To qualify for this challenge, there must be at least four cache types. In my case, I have found traditionals, puzzles, multis and an earthcache. Wherigos, Letterboxes, Virtuals are also allowed.
Also, to qualify, each of the six DT squares that count must have a value greater than 3.
Caches for the qualifying list can be from anywhere in the world.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Max (ZQX)
May 13, 2019 01:51PM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC87RKW/42807

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
ZQX
May 13, 2019 09:36PM
Thanks pieterix. That was very quick! It seems to work well apart from one thing: I noticed that there are lots of duplicates in the list of finds that is produced by the checker. I tested the checker using one of my friends' stats and there were 135 caches listed, most of which were duplicated within the list, whereas the total number of qualifying finds was 65 (which is the correct number, I think).
Is it easy to get rid of the duplicates?
Thanks,
Max
May 13, 2019 10:38PM
A side effect of the script used for this checker will unfortunately show duplicates if you don't qualify. It should not show any duplicates if you qualify.
ZQX
May 14, 2019 09:44AM
Okay. No major problem with the duplicates.
But I've struck another problem. After some investigation, I have found that very few people in my area qualify for this challenge, which makes it unlikely that the reviewer will publish it. Could you lower the number of caches required to a total of 80 please. That way a lot more people will qualify, and I can probably persuade the reviewer that it's okay.
Thanks again.
May 14, 2019 09:47AM
Updated. Checker link unchanged.
ZQX
May 14, 2019 09:48AM
Wow! That was superfast. I'll just check it now.
ZQX
May 14, 2019 09:54AM
Cool that seems to work. There are more people who qualify and more who are close. I'm happy with the checker now.
Thanks for your help pieterix.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login