Advanced

Re: Need checker for GC8A3J2

[Resolved] Need checker for GC8A3J2
June 28, 2019 09:26PM
I need a checker for GC8A3J2, VT 100 4 X 25 County Challenge. This requires not less than 4 different icons in 25 different US counties, and at least one of those counties must be in Vermont. The icons can be anything except locationless and labcaches. I do not know if you also have the ability to do this for the counties within Canadian provinces. Vermont is near the Canadian border, so if you can do this, I would expand this to all US and Canadian counties. I would also like the District of Columbia to be included as an acceptable region.

I believe I qualify but don't have the database use to prove it. Thank you.
July 01, 2019 05:46AM
Here you go: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8A3J2/43649

It appears you have 4 types in each of 39 counties, 9 of which are in Vermont.

Please confirm it is suitable.
July 01, 2019 12:55PM
It looks great. I have two questions. 1) Is it possible for the output to include the qualifying county and state names? And the number of different icons per county? I like that it includes the total that qualify. It does not have to include the caches which qualify. 2) I notice this is just the USA, and I asked if it could be Canadian provinces and counties too. It is okay with me if it remains just USA, but still wonder if your database includes Canadian counties. Thank you.
July 02, 2019 01:11AM
1. That's not part of the script at the moment. If I get a bit of free time I can try updating the script, but it wouldn't be immediate.
2. Sorry, I missed that part of your original request. I have included Canada and you now have 41 qualifying counties.
July 02, 2019 01:24PM
Thank you, this is a good addition, as we do draw cachers from Canada. This will be placed in Northern VT not too far from the border. Thanks for the great checker and I appreciate that you will incorporate my suggestion to show the region in the output. No hurry. This is usable now. Thanks for all your good work.
August 15, 2019 05:23AM
The checker has been automatically disabled, due to the fact that you didn't put the word "Challenge" in the cache title (which is a requirement under guideline 1)
August 15, 2019 05:33AM
Corrected. "VT 100 25 x 4 Iconic County Challenge *USA&CAN*"
August 15, 2019 05:38AM
I've re-enabled it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login