Advanced

Re: GC8A0EA request for a new Checker like an already existent one

[Resolved] GC8A0EA request for a new Checker like an already existent one
July 02, 2019 12:19PM
Hi,
I am in the need of a checker for a new geocache I plan to Publish. It should include:

-One Time 100% of Diff/Terr combinations completed
-One Time 100% of Finds by found date completed (including 29.2.)
-One Time 100% of Finds by hidden month completed (including 29.2.)
-A 204 month streak of the Jasmer Challenge

I think the following Checker solves the problem, but it had to be tagged (in German it is Markierungs-Konfiguration, don't know if my english word is right) in a different way I think. And I don't know if it's possible or how.

"Multiple test Checker (by Target.) enhanced (von sumbloke)"
I found under this link:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC82B82/41873

It has to be changed in the requirements (4 instead of 3):
"func": "at_least",
"opt": {
"req": 3 !!! -> here needed 4 !!!

And in the jasmer functionality. It is marked (tagged) in this way:

"func": "jasmer",
"conf": {
"start_date": "2000-05-01", !!!-> here needed:{"streak": 202} OR siehe Fußnote!!!
"end_date": "today"

but I would like to check if a streak of 204 is fulfilled like in this Cache (checker) for a streak of 60:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC31PMN/40108

I really hope on a positive answer. Please excuse my worse english, it's not my parental language. I need to know if its possible in general and who can do this for me?
Thank You for the help in advance.
Hidden Legends

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2019 03:02AM by Hidden Legends. (view changes)
Re: GC8A0EA Tag for a Checker needed
July 02, 2019 04:33PM
Hi again, to clarify this. The checker is for a new unpublished cache that has no similiar in the area.
I know that the 29th of february isn't allowed as part of the logging requiries, but it should be checked, too, I think. Just to show the finder that he fulfilled it as a plus.
Looks nicer.
I'm looking hopefully towards comments.
Hidden Legends
July 04, 2019 06:41AM
Here is a checker for you to test:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8A0EA/43690

A couple of notes:

-I assume you meant "hidden date," not "hidden month."
-As you noted, finds on February 29th are not allowed. The checker will say you have 366 days completed if you do.
-You are one month short of qualifying on the Jasmer part, but I assume you are intending to complete that this month.

Please let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions.
July 04, 2019 12:41PM
Hi,
wow, that was fast now!! So at first: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
This seems to be in fact exactly that what I needed. You assumed everything right.
Oneforfortytwo wrote:
A couple of notes:

-I assume you meant "hidden date," not "hidden month."
-As you noted, finds on February 29th are not allowed. The checker will say you have 366 days completed if you do.
-You are one month short of qualifying on the Jasmer part, but I assume you are intending to complete that this month.

1. Yes, I wrote it wrong. I meant "hidden date"
2. In this form you tagged it, it seems to be in the way I wanted it. Tested it immediately.
3. You're right, I'm short of One month regarding the streak. Because I thought, the implementation of the checker would perhaps last longer than a couple of hours, I started the request before I fulfill it totally. This will change soon and then there will be a new cache in town, depending on the final reviewing...

Again lots of thanks for the fast work.
Two Question at the End I have.
- In the Jasmer part of the checker there is a 100% tag in a field called 'leeway'. Just for the understanding, does this mean 100% of the 204month streak? Is it therefore possible the checker could check if somebody has just 200 of the 204 by changing this?
- The title of the cache (now its just the GC-Code) will automatically be filled in the checkerpicture, when the cache is published? Or do I have to refresh something then?

So again, everything seems to work fine. Thank You and all the other volunteers for your work! I'll post again a feedback as I fulfill the challenge and the cache goes online! This will be very soon!
Hidden Legends
July 04, 2019 04:23PM
Hidden Legends
- In the Jasmer part of the checker there is a 100% tag in a field called 'leeway'. Just for the understanding, does this mean 100% of the 204month streak? Is it therefore possible the checker could check if somebody has just 200 of the 204 by changing this?

Normally, the Jasmer checker looks for finds in every month between the start and end date. The leeway part makes it so that this is not necessary. If I remove it, for example, the checker says that I don't qualify for that part of the challenge, since I have missing months in my Jasmer. With the leeway, however, it correctly says that I do, since I have a streak of more than 204 consecutive months. In short: that is just there to make the script work, and you are still required to have a streak of 204 consecutive months.

Hidden Legends
- The title of the cache (now its just the GC-Code) will automatically be filled in the checkerpicture, when the cache is published? Or do I have to refresh something then?

Yes, the title of the cache will be filled in when the cache is published.
July 05, 2019 12:36PM
Hi one more time,
thank You for the immediate posting to my questions.
So in the moment everything is clear and I'm really satisfied with your fast and well work. I will post here again when the Checker ist totally functionally in the Listing after the publish. I checked it with an user who now fulfills the challenge and it delievers the right results in both cases. Negative as positive.
Again, I just can thank you for the work You do for us all in the community and especially for me.
Hidden Legends
July 10, 2019 01:00AM
Hopefully One last time for this checker...
The Cache is published and was nearly 80 times used. In a negative and a positive way.
I asked for feedback by the users, but no one commented anything to his or her rresults.Therefore I can only assume everything works fine.
Thank you for tagging this one.
Hidden Legenda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login