Advanced

Re: GC5KM2D Completing a Country

[Resolved] GC5KM2D Completing a Country
May 26, 2016 02:43PM
Hello,

I am looking to tag a script for GC5KM2D Completing a Country and it's close cousin GC5KM3B Completing Two Countries.

The requirements are to find all active caches in one and two countries respectively.

The closest script I have been able to find is 100% cacher by mole125. (I had hoped this would be an opportunity to try my hand at script development but life gets in the way sometime.)

Thank you.
May 26, 2016 03:55PM
I have one that almost does that but for regions. http://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&scriptId=895
I think it will be quite easy to modify. But it can only check for now not inte past as the rule "To claim this challenge, find all of the active caches in a country at some point in time"

Data to check that is not available to checkers and not even on gc.com because of missing publication dates, archive dates. disabled logs and traveling caches
May 26, 2016 04:21PM
Thanks for pointing out the language difference between the two caches. Putting both in one post muddled the issue.

I completely understand the issue with not having the past data available. Not having that data would make the checker more stringent than the challenge. I would be ok tagging that. You may feel differently. I don't think the co would disagree with me.

If you could complete the script within the data available it would be appreciated.

Thank.
May 31, 2016 10:04AM
I will edit my checker. I tried a quick and dirty fix but the output when you asked byt the output was incomplete.
Have not had the time to fix i but a will look into it tonight
May 31, 2016 07:44PM
Target,

Thanks for the quick and dirty attempt. It is unfortunate that did not scratch the itch.

I hope the next version is works out better.

Thanks

Sloth96
May 31, 2016 08:09AM
Target,
As CO, yes I agree with Sloth96 on this. Having a checker would be very useful even if it just verified the caches at that point in time. I would then update the cache page to explain that the checker only checks for that and if the cacher wants to claim a previous point in time, they would have to document it themselves.
Thanks,
RetiredGuy
June 24, 2016 01:33PM
Is there something blocking this checker I can assist with?
June 24, 2016 03:06PM
Challenge guideline #12 prohibits challenges such as "find all caches in a specified area". You could pick a fixed number it looks like.

https://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206
June 24, 2016 03:09PM
These are grandfathered caches as the challenge predates the challenge hiatus. Also note the caches are already published.

While I understand this could move things down the priority list, the comments were it is an easy change to an existing script .
June 24, 2016 06:49PM
We currently have a power trail of 150 challenge caches in Florida complete with a verification page which uses Project-GC checkers. Of the 150 challenges, 148 of them have checkers and we are trying to get checkers for the last two. To do this, we need a checker for Completing a Country and one for Completing Two Countries, both challenge caches published prior to the changes in challenge caches. Any help with this would be much appreciated.
July 19, 2016 11:31AM
I completed my first script based on Target's All in a Region.

The Links are
<a href="http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5KM2D/21950">Project-GC Challenge checker</a>
<a href="http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5KM3B/21951">Project-GC Challenge checker</a>

Some further debugging may be required. Feedback is appreciated.
July 19, 2016 12:22PM
Nice change
Why is excludeDisabled not true?

You cant demand that disabled caches is found in a challenge. The guidline was the same when the challenge was published

The challenge rule "Caches are considered to be in the country if the published coordinates are within the country." is not excactly how the checker/API call works.
All caches with coordinates inside the country are included as required. But also caches with the country set on gc.com that done have coordinates inside another county.
The difference will be coordinate out at sea etc. I suspect the difference will be small
July 19, 2016 02:25PM
Excludedisabled should probably be true.

The issue I am trying to resolve is retired guy is over 100% in st. Martin. Disabled was just an attempt to fix it.

On further inspection is appears a cache he adopted after finding it might be the problem. This suggests something is not honoring the excludeowned filter. It could be fixed in the same fashion as archive and disabled are.

This likely would be inherited from the earlier script and the lua api.

This isn't confirmed yet. So some work is required on my part. However as people usually complete countries with a small number of caches a few owned caches could really shift results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login