Advanced

Re: Challenge : Great Southern Land GC8BZTQ

[Resolved] Challenge : Great Southern Land GC8BZTQ
August 11, 2019 02:15PM
Can i get a checker please for this new challenge cache, Challenge : Great Southern Land GC8BZTQ

500 finds in the southern hemisphere, all country's but it must be south of the equator.

Thanks
August 11, 2019 05:25PM
If you can produce a list of countries that are allowed, I can produce a checker for you.
August 11, 2019 07:04PM
All countries but the cache has to be south of the equator.
August 11, 2019 08:50PM
Isn't there some script already so that any cache with it's Latitude coordinates = S and not = N ?
August 12, 2019 07:45AM
That appears to be against rule 10 of the challenge cache guidelines:

Source of Criteria: Not Acceptable: Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
August 13, 2019 03:22PM
Ok, didn't think this would be affected by the silly rules, but you're right, they probably will complain.

Lets do it by countries then, 500 caches spread among any of the following countries and they must have cached in at least 2 of these countries:
Colombia
Ecuador
Brazil
Peru
Chile
Argentina
Bolivia
Paraguay
Uruguay
Gabon
Congo
DRC
Kenya
Rwanda
Burundi
Tanzania
Zimbabwe
Malawai
Mozambique
Zambia
Namibia
Angola
South Africa
Lesotho
Swaziland
Madagascar
Indonesia
Papua New Guinea
Australia
New Zealand
August 13, 2019 03:58PM
I've used the list of countries as per wikipedia and only selected those that are deemed to be entirely and mostly in the southern hemisphere. If you want me to change the selection, let me know and I'll adjust. Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8BZTQ/44457

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
August 13, 2019 06:22PM
To err on the positive side, I'd like the listed countries as I provided. Brazil should really be listed as most of the country is south of the equator. Most of Ecuador is south too.
Really nice to see the checker includes all the pacific islands as there was too many for me to list.
Keep up the good work Pieterix.
August 13, 2019 06:59PM
I only omitted Colombia (which is mostly north of the equator) and Kenya (which is on both sides of the equator) from your list. Brazil and Ecuador are both included already. Let me know if I should only use your list or suggest any countries I should include or exclude from the list that I built?
August 13, 2019 09:54PM
It looks like it's ok then if Brazil is included, I just didn't see it in the list of countries when I tested myself.
Thanks then, looks like it's ready.
August 13, 2019 11:15PM
Brazil is definitely included. The list of countries isn't ordered, but in the order of the wikipedia page I quoted earlier, so if you check again you might find it. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login