Advanced

Re: GC86E7J

[Resolved] GC86E7J
November 27, 2019 04:21PM
[string ""]:463: attempt to concatenate a boolean value

Only on some cacher profiles, this exception error is happening whether qualified or not. In every case
8Nuts MotherGoose throws this exception error.

Can you please look into it?

TTO2
November 27, 2019 05:47PM
This happens because the script is trying to output the name of the owner but for some caches the owner had their account deleted. For the user you mentioned in particular it's https://coord.info/GC62A5 causing the trouble.

I'll message the script owner and ask him to fix it.
November 27, 2019 05:57PM
Thank you for nailing down the reason PattuX.

Vogelbird told me there were a few issues raised in the forum, I took a look, and found your post, which saved me a lot of time.

I now have a patch in the development environment where the id2name callback has a hard coded name for id=1. It will return "[DELETED_USER]", just as it says on the web. I'll try to publish the change tomorrow.
November 27, 2019 06:05PM
Oh, nice. I was just about to write a post in the script dev forum to ask whether there are any other scripts affected. Wasn't sure whether the id2name function was easily fixable, but good to hear that it is. I also informed GentlePurpleRain that he won't have to do any changes to his script now.
November 27, 2019 06:09PM
I believe the function returned false, so it would be possible to handle in the scripts. But in this particular case, it seems better to solve it server side, once for all.

There could be other cases where the function returns false though. But not normally, only if it can't find that geocacher for some weird reason. Could be temporary issues with the data or the api for example.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login