Advanced

Re: Oldest Cache in Six Different Countries Challenge

[Resolved] Oldest Cache in Six Different Countries Challenge
December 06, 2019 10:52PM
could you make this checker, please

Oldest Cache in Six Different Countries Challenge.

https://coord.info/GC8GQ3Q

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 11:12PM by CHEZRASCALS. (view changes)
December 06, 2019 11:24PM
Here you go:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8GQ3Q/47068

Let us know if it's suitable.
December 08, 2019 07:13PM
Still waiting for the reviewer to agree or not
January 01, 2020 06:24PM
Hi, please can you adjust checker as per reviewers comments - thanks

Temporarily Disable Listing
Good Morning
Both the cache location and the challenge are fine. However the Checker is not. The checker is checking for the oldest cache, which is currently still available, within a country, so any older cache finds which are now archived are not checked for. (The oldest cache still available within a country challenge, would not be guideline complaint as it is time dependant.)
To quote the checker,
You have found 0 of the top 6
Missing cacheches are in red
The checkers can only check the current toplist.
If you were fulfilled it when you logged it in the past you might get a does not today.
Your log may have been correct but it cant be checked by this checker
On some challenges you when you accept it make a list and compare to that list. If you have done it you might fulfill the logging requirements right now but the checker canĀ“t know that.
It is like if you make a new list right now. That is accepted on most challenges.
Please check the cache listing for the rules
Perhaps the person who made the checker for you, can assist you and make the required change?
I am temporarily disabling your cache while this is sorted out. When you're ready for your cache to be reviewed again

Clongo_Rongo fulfills challenge ? (GC8GQ3Q) according to https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8GQ3Q/47068
January 01, 2020 10:34PM
I'm not the author of the script, but I think it does that right now. According to the descriptions archived caches are excluded, but running some examples I found they are counted (written in blue). Take for example user Annemaus who found the oldest German cache GC77 which is now archived.

Do you have an example of someone where they found an archived cache older than the current oldest cache which is not counted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 11:08PM by PattuX. (view changes)
January 01, 2020 10:59PM
hi

i am only going off the rejection by the reviewers comments - he says the checker is not correct ?
January 01, 2020 11:12PM
The only issue for your reviewer is that they think archived caches are not counted if I understand them correctly. And that's not the case.

I'd suggest you tell him archived caches are included (written in blue) and provide an example, e.g. as I said user Annamaus who found GC77.
January 04, 2020 05:07PM
ReviewerReviewer

Temporarily Disable Listing - Temporarily Disable Listing
Hi

The result is that we are confused as to why a checker, which seems to work as it should, also has a disclaimer to say that it doesn't work properly! I have not had the time to test it with older, and now archived, caches in other countries other than the one mentioned in your reviewer note but I assume that there is no problem there either.

You are going to have to get the checker writer to remove that paragraph before the cache can be published.

Volunteer Reviewer
January 11, 2020 06:35PM
can this checker be adjusted as per Reviewer request

see above

thanks
January 11, 2020 06:42PM
I'll clone the script and adjust it in the near future (i.e. next week)
January 12, 2020 08:04PM
thanks for all your help and time

my reviewer seems to not like Challenge caches - lol

as soon as you a ready i can re-submit for publishing
January 16, 2020 09:14PM
I wanted to clone the script and modify it - but now realized it looks so messy I don't even understand what it's doing exactly. Will do a similar one from scratch which takes a few more days then.
January 19, 2020 09:26PM
my reviewer has asked for an update

thanks for all your help on this checker
January 21, 2020 12:15PM
I haven't found the time to rework the script properly as I'd like to, but here's one with fixed output:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8GQ3Q/48158

You can use this one for now. Once I reworked the script I'll replace this current version. Tthe link will stay the same, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.
January 22, 2020 01:44PM
thank you again

the cache has been published

please close this thread
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login