Advanced

Re: Valid Challenges?

[Resolved] Valid Challenges?
December 17, 2019 11:19AM
Could you advise whether the following criteria would be valid for a challenge cache:

1) To have found a cache on every day of the week (Sunday-Saturday) for every possible day of a month (1-31). So, on the 1st of any month there has been a find on a Sunday, Monday through Saturday; on the 2nd of any month there has been a find on a Sunday, Monday through Saturday etc.

2) To have found a cache on every day of a week (Sunday-Saturday), on every day of a month (1-31) and every month of a year (January-December).

3) 1) or 2) could be applied for a particular UK county?

4) 1) or 2) could be applied for a particular series of caches (250 puzzle caches by a single owner)

Could the checker be home grown? I am a registered GC API developer and could validate the requirements via my own PHP/JavaScript code?
December 17, 2019 12:02PM
1) to 3) should be fine. 4) is requiring finds from a certain owner is not in line with the guidelines. Please check them for details on what is an acceptable criteria and what is not, in particular rule 10.

Groundspeak also specifically states that:

Challenge caches published after April 21, 2015, must include a link to a Project-GC challenge checker.

So I suspect your reviewer will require a PGC checker. But I guess you can still link your own if you want and request a checker from us.
December 18, 2019 10:53PM
Thanks you have answered all my questions.
I have decided to create a challenge using my criterion 1). The GC code is GC8H2GD. Could I request a PGC Checker please. Note the owner of the cache is the username: gillywig
December 18, 2019 11:47PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges//47380

Please test and reply
December 20, 2019 01:02AM
The checker is perfect and is being deployed on GC8H2GD.

Thank you for a great service.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login