Advanced

Re: GC8HBBZ checker required - fizzy grid with 20x favourite points

[Resolved] GC8HBBZ checker required - fizzy grid with 20x favourite points
December 28, 2019 08:06PM
The challenge is to fill a fizzy grid with caches that each have at least 20 favourite points. The checker for archived challenge GC770A1 did the same for "15 favourite points", so could be cloned and adjusted.

Thank you.
December 28, 2019 08:19PM
Here you go:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8HBBZ/47620

Let us know if it's suitable.
December 28, 2019 08:48PM
This is the ideal approach; unfortunately, there may be a bug.

I ran myself through the checker, and it indicated that I am one D/T combination short. The missing one is 4.5/1, and I have confirmed that there are exactly 20 favourite points on GC1FPDN, which has that D/T and which I have previously found.

Is it possible that my own favourite points are discounted from the totals? If so, I would prefer to have that restriction removed, if possible.

Thank you again.
December 28, 2019 10:48PM
This indeed shows up as 19 FPs in the checker but I'm not sure why. Your own FPs are definetely counted; I've checked on some of my caches that I gave an FP to. Might be some lag on PGC's side, not sure. I've submitted the cache for the self-support system for now, let's see if this is still not showing up in a few hours.
December 28, 2019 11:14PM
We can certainly wait and see.

For what it's worth, I went through the logs for the 20 people who gave GC1FPDN a favourite point, and the most recent one is from August 2018. I suppose it is possible that someone was going back through their logs and assigned a FP today, but that would be quite a coincidence! :)

If it is still showing the same result in a few hours, I will lean on one of my companions from the trip where we found that cache, to add a FP of their own (at least temporarily), and will see if that one tips the balance.

Thank you.
December 29, 2019 08:26PM
Checked again today, and it is still showing the 1/4.5 spot as vacant for me.

Two of my companions from the 2013 trip where we found it added an FP each early yesterday evening (i.e. about 20 hours ago), so the tally is now 22 FP. I know that Project GC indicates a potential lag time of 24 - 36 hours, so will check again tomorrow.

In the meantime, you indicated you had taken some other action to "check the checker". Has there been any result from that effort?

Thank you.
December 30, 2019 02:01AM
I just submitted it for self-support. Anyone can do that, it's an option in the support button (e.g. as on the top right on the profile stats page). This is just to request PGC to update the cache in the near future, i.e. reduce that PGC lag. Cache pages/logs are also usually updated less frequently than user stats I think, so it might take a while for PGC to pick up on the FP update if you were to wait for PGC to update on its own.
January 02, 2020 12:40AM
Not sure what the problem was, but the checker is now showing an accurate result; thank you for your patience and persistence!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login