Advanced

Re: New script request. GC6T33C: Diverse Digits Coordinates Challenge

[Resolved] New script request. GC6T33C: Diverse Digits Coordinates Challenge
September 21, 2016 06:28AM
Simplifying my last topic to avoid having to read through a wall of posts.

the name of my challenge GC6T33C:
Diverse Digits Coordinates Challenge

I am requesting a checker that lists 30 caches of at least 4 cache types, that have every digit 0-9 in the caches posted coordinates.
I would like the checker to list the qualifying 30 caches. So cachers can see which caches helped them to qualify.

This challenge is conformed by he local reviewer and ready to publish. It just needs a checker.
October 15, 2016 01:29PM
> every digit 0-9 in the caches posted coordinates.

In which format DD MM.MMM or in DD.DDDDD.... ? In what precision? 3 digits or more? This needs to be set unambiguously.

Anyway, I created a checker for you, which handles this according to my best effort:
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6T33C/23058

Let me know, it if satisfies your needs or there is something you would like to handle differently

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2016 04:28PM by Jakuje. (view changes)
October 15, 2016 02:12PM
The request was "30 caches of at least 4 cache types"

I am missing the cache type request
October 15, 2016 04:27PM
Thanks for the review. I somehow missed this requirement in the original request. It was fixed and now there is requirement for different cache types.
October 15, 2016 04:31PM
Yes thank you! :D
That's exactly what I wanted. I'll get to work on the cache being published now and post an update when it is. Thank you so much!
October 18, 2016 02:35AM
Just an update, apperently HQ didn't feel the same way about the challenge being acceptable. I just received the following appeal reply:

groundspeak HQ
Hello Justin,

Thanks for submitting your cache appeal to Geocaching HQ.

The appeals team has reviewed your cache listing, and we agree with the assessment of the Reviewers that the cache cannot currently be published. The challenge cache guidelines state, "Challenge criteria must be positive and require that a geocaching goal be achieved." It is our view that by asking cachers to find 30 caches with every digit 0-9 in the caches posted coordinates, cachers are rewarded more for database management than geocaching achievement."
I’m sorry I don’t have better news. Thank you for your understanding,

Alex

Alex
Community Volunteer Support

My apologies for all the effort in making the checker only to find out the challenge wouldn't be published after all. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login