Advanced

Re: GC8KT2E (And More!) States that Border Georgia Challenge

[Resolved] GC8KT2E (And More!) States that Border Georgia Challenge
February 22, 2020 09:16AM
Hello!

I apologize for the flood of requests, but we are creating a new “Challenge Trail” of sorts. There are a total of 13 different challenges, each with a “Bronze”, “Silver”, and “Gold” level, for a total of 39 checkers needed.

Since the “Bronze”, “Silver”, and “Gold” are basically the same checker validation with slightly different criteria, I am including them all in this post. Please let me know if I should create separate posts for every GC code

To the best of my knowledge, I have qualified for each challenge submitted.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

This is a straightforward challenge. There are three levels. The "bronze" level requires a cacher to find a geocache in state of Georgia, and all of the states that border Georgia. The silver level requires a find in all the states that border the states that border Georgia. The Gold level requires all the states that border the states that border the states. I will provide the list of states.

All cache type and all found dates apply.

The geocaches/levels are below:

GC8KT2B - Bronze - User must have a find in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Tennessee
GC8KT2C - Silver - User must have a find in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi
GC8KT2E - Gold - User must have a find in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland

Thank you!!
February 22, 2020 10:19AM
February 23, 2020 12:23AM
Thanks for the super-fast turnaround on this one!!!

The checker seems to be properly validating, but the results are a little strange.

When I run the checker for myself (GeoMonkeyTiger!) on the Gold Level, it tells me I pass, but lists some strange states. My overall result is correct, the but the list of states doesn't make any sense.

I should have AR, MS, LA, TX, NE, IL, WV, and MD, but these do not appear.

But, what does appear is CA, SD, WY, WI, AZ, OR, CO, NM, KS. Ideally, for each level, we would list just the states that are needed for the challenge with some indicator of whether they have found a cache in that state or not.

I also ran another user MOTgeo through the Gold level checker and it stated that he needed 23 caches, but I think I count 22? (Note: this may be partially my fault as in my list, I had 23, but I listed TN twice). When it displays the list of states, it includes non-applicable states like CA, CO, and NV....

Overall, the checker should return only the states for the particular challenge and whether or not they found a cache there (Or the # of caches would be fine too, with "0" for the states with 0...)

Thanks again for the help!
February 23, 2020 12:46AM
Right, the double TN messed up the requirements. So I removed that and recounted and adjusted to 6 / 11 / 22 states. I've also corrected the configuration since I spelt region as regions, which meant the filter didn't apply. It should now work correctly. Please test and let us know?
February 23, 2020 01:16AM
Awesome job!! Everything is working as expected!

Thanks for the quick turnaround!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login