Advanced

Re: GC36YDZ - A Cache A Day Keeps The Muggles Away Challenge

[Resolved] GC36YDZ - A Cache A Day Keeps The Muggles Away Challenge
December 28, 2020 08:51AM
I have a challenge cache that has been published since 2011 and I want to update it with a project-GC challenge checker.

Here is the details of the challenge requirements:

Based on seasonal caching if you decide to pick up this challenge during the months of Nov-Feb
You need to find a minimum number of caches a day equal to the day of the month for only one month entirely.

For example if you choose the month of November which has 30 days you will need to have found 1 cache for the 1st of November, 2 caches for the 2nd of November, 3 caches for the 3rd of November ... up to and including 30 caches on the 30th of November for a total of 465 caches for the month. Sounds hard yes, but not when you are allowed to use all the caches you have found in previous years.

Where it gets harder is if you choose to do the challenge in one of the secondary levels of cache requirement in one of the the following months of March, April, September, October where the count requirements are double for each day.

For example in the month of September which has 30 days, you would need to have 2 caches on the 1st, 4 caches on the 2nd, 6 caches on the 3rd, ... 60 caches on the 30th for a total of 990 caches.

Where it really gets tough is if you choose to do the challenge in the better weather months of May, June, July, August. In these months you will be required to triple the number of finds for each day of the month that you choose.

For example if you choose the month of July which has 31 days then the total number of caches you will need to have would be no less than 1488 caches. With 3 caches for the 1st, 6 caches for the 2nd, 9 caches for the 3rd, ... 93 caches for the 31st.

You pick the month ... less caches in the winter/wet months, more caches in the spring/fall months, or you can cache to your hearts content when the days are longer, and warmer in the summer months. Choose wisely - change your mind as often as you like.

Oh by the way if you are thinking of working on February then don't forget you need a minimum of 29 caches for the 29th of February and since it only comes by once every 4 years you don't want to miss out this year!

Thanks and Cheers, Ted
December 29, 2020 06:17PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC36YDZ/57567

Labcaches are included since several finders have used their official statistics and those include labcaches.
December 29, 2020 07:54PM
That is fine to use labcaches in the challenge.

One thing when I run the checker it does not check for qualifications in other months only the current month to check if qualifications has been met in any of the other months.

I should check each month from January through December to see if any one or more months meet with the qualifications.

Thanks for the work you have done so far it is much appreciated.

Cheers, Ted
December 29, 2020 07:57PM
If it doesn't find any matching month, it will output latest (which is what you're experiencing).
If it does find a matching month, it will say which (try any of the last 10 finders).

If it isn't finding a match, then it's a bug and I need the username (and month for faster debugging) so I can check.
December 29, 2020 08:29PM
LOL and here I just assumed that I qualified for my own challenge cache.

Good think it is grandfathered!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly - I will add the checker to the cache page now.

Cheers, Ted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login