Advanced

Re: Checker Request - GC52APE

[Resolved] Checker Request - GC52APE
November 17, 2021 01:57AM
Hello! Requesting a challenge checker for GC52APE.

Rundown of requirements:
1. You must have at least one (1) find on caches that have these words in their titles - King, Queen, Jack and Ace. I want the stand-alone words in either singular or plural form. Words such as Parking, Jackpot, and Race will not count.

2. You must have at least one (1) find on caches that have the following numerals in their titles - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. I want the numerals, not words such as two, six, or ten. Also, caches that have numerals such as 010, 2006, or where there is use of the pound sign (#9) don't count. An example of a good qualifying cache title would be something like "Friday Pizza 3", or "Big Bang 5".

3. You must have at least one (1) find on caches that have the words heart, diamond, spade, and club in them. Again, I want the stand-alone words in either singular or plural form. Words such as heartland, clubbing, or diamondback do not count.

4. Only finds on traditionals and multi-caches count.

5. You must have a day where you have made at least 52 cache finds. These finds can be of any type.

6. A qualifying cache can only be used once towards the challenge. Example: A cache named "King of Spades 3" can only count towards King, Spades, or 3.

I have qualified for this challenge.
November 17, 2021 11:19AM
Because of item 5 an existing script can not be used so I place this request as a new script required.
November 20, 2021 06:30AM
Does this mean that I have to do something additional to help the process along, or are we waiting for someone else?
January 09, 2022 05:06PM
If you drop requirement 5, then a current script exists that I can quickly tag for you. If you want to keep that requirement, then I can write a new script for you but I could only work on it in my spare time so it could be a while.
January 09, 2022 05:55PM
Thanks for the reply. I feel that I cannot change the challenge's requirements now that 80 people have found it using those requirements. So, I'll choose the route that takes a longer time with a new script because of that, and I thank you for your help on this!
October 21, 2022 07:45PM
Hi there - I have written a one-off checker script for this challenge located here:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC52APE/72252

I think it was actually condition 6 (A qualifying cache can only be used once towards the challenge. Example: A cache named "King of Spades 3" can only count towards King, Spades, or 3) was the one that disqualified this one for use with an existing checker. I've verified the tag against the last 10 finders (and these include some finds that require resolution because of #6). Also tested someone who doesn't qualify (me - boohoo, I guess I have work to do!).

Please test it out and reply.
October 21, 2022 09:05PM
YES! Thank you so much for getting to this. It was a long time, but I know this is all volunteer based. I have added this checker to my cache page. I'm so happy to have this done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login