Advanced

Re: Correct spelling and format of existing checker

[Resolved] Correct spelling and format of existing checker
January 20, 2022 06:40PM
The GC code is already on the tag for 64881. I sent Target a message, but no response. Here is the challenge I am using it for. To qualify for this challenge you need to find six different icons in each 15 different California counties.

The reviewer is holding up publication because of the following reasons.

1. Spelling of different in "12 of 12 required total diffrent cachetypes found.(OK)"
2. The reviewer does not like that it is showing the different cache types at all. If you run someone with only one cache type it still says "1 of 1 required total diffrent cachetypes found.(OK)" If we can remove that cool. If not, I do not think it is a big deal because no matter what, it is going to show you have that part complete even if it is not a requirement of the challenge.
3. If you do not qualify it clearly will tell you that you have "Status so far (8 of 15 done):". The reviewer is saying that when complete it should show how many you have done so It should say (15 of 15 done) or (21 of 15 done). Again, I am not sure why that matters because when you have it complete it gives you the check mark and tells you that you got it. Though I guess it would be cool to see how many you had.

Thanks in advance!
January 20, 2022 07:37PM
Target is not active anymore.

I made a new checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9KAV7/65693

Please test and reply if it is okay so I can disable the old checker
January 20, 2022 09:16PM
I was successful in copying your work to a new checker! https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9K9HM/65699

Would it hurt anything to leave the old checkers active since they can still be used, but just not to the standard of the reviewer? Again, I think it is helpful to see that list of close counties that you can work from. I might post their links as a note after it publishes.

Thanks again!
January 20, 2022 09:33PM
Yes that is possible as long as there is only one checker icon showing

The guidelines state that you can only show one checker
January 20, 2022 11:01PM
Yes the page only has one checker. I am assuming the PGC Chrome Extension will probably show both. We shall see! Thanks again.
January 20, 2022 11:03PM
Yes the chrome extension shows both
January 21, 2022 09:18PM
Sorry to bother you some more. The reviewer correctly pointed out my version here doesn't show Washington DC. Can you take a quick look and tell me what to include and where and I will go fix it. Thank you. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9K9HM/65699
January 21, 2022 09:22PM
Well hold on a second! My account is showing DC.

1/1 Washington (DC) - 2020-07-22 GCBB8F - I am the God of Leaky Caches and Soggy Log Books (Virtual Cache)
11/2 Washington (DC) - 2020-07-22 GC908D - Solar Sailing (Multi-cache)
11/3 Washington (DC) - 2020-07-23 GCN21R - Scott Circle Webcam (Webcam Cache)
11/4 Washington (DC) - 2020-07-23 GC7F9QY - DPR GT#6 - Lansburgh Park (Letterbox Hybrid)
11/5 Washington (DC) - 2020-07-22 GC2HZW7 - A head and a piece of wood (Earthcache)
11/6 Washington (DC) - 2020-07-22 GC3QMEP - Elm Tree #1 (Traditional Cache)

Maybe the reviewer is wrong. Let me go ask them about it.
January 21, 2022 10:20PM
You made a checker for GC9K9HM that is for "Find eight different icons in each 20 different United States counties"
January 22, 2022 03:03AM
Yes I did. I have two challenges pending. Now I am not quite sure what we are waiting on, but hopefully they publish soon. Thanks again for all of your help.
January 20, 2022 08:52PM
I did like that on Target's checker when you failed, it showed you which other counties you did not have and how many you had in the failed counties.

I also have a 20x6 for all of the United States, but I am going to see if I can correctly tag that one using what you have provided and I will post the results.

As always, thanks Vogelbird!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login