Advanced

Re: Electoral College Challenge Issues

[Resolved] Electoral College Challenge Issues
February 25, 2022 01:17AM
The current checker (link: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9NW5K/66447) includes locationless caches in the total.
Can someone make one that excludes these? I'm creating a challenge cache for this, and would like to exclude them because of the two locationless caches put on by GC HQ. The current checker seems to include them. The GC for my cache is: GC9NW5K

Also, I tired to tag a better checker for my challenge but it says, "GC-Code already seems to be tagged with a checker". How can I relinquish the old checker and replace it with the new? It doesn't seem like there's a way, but there has to be.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2022 04:24AM by bluesnote. (view changes)
February 25, 2022 10:55AM
1. The script is already updated - "2020-10-17 Updated to exclude locationless caches"

2. You can not clone 2 checkers on the same GCcode
February 25, 2022 05:54PM
Actually, it does include locationless caches. The review will not publish until that is fixed. I don’t know how to fix it myself.
February 25, 2022 05:58PM
Also, since the checker is not working (as in the reviewer will not publish until it is fixed) I will need to clone a new checker for the same cache. I will need to delete the first clone so I can create a new clone. How can I do that?
February 25, 2022 06:40PM
I can disabled the old checker but for the new checker you have to tell me which checker you want to clone
February 25, 2022 06:47PM
This is the one I would like cloned. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9F1ME/62680

I am over my 10 allocated checkers per day, so could you see if it doesn't include the two locationless caches put out by groundspeak?
February 25, 2022 06:58PM
Here is the new link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9NW5K/66522

I have disabled the old checker
February 25, 2022 09:17PM
According the reviewer on the cache, it is only giving partial EC votes. If you found 1 cache in California, that checker only gives you 1 EC vote and not 55, as it should. It doesn’t give credit for locationless which is good, but could someone tweek it again so that it only gives full EC if one cache is found in a state? Once that’s done, could you disable the checker and enable this new one so I can use on the cache? Thanks again!
February 25, 2022 10:36PM
Sorry but the old checker does thee same.

Do you want a checker with
Alabama 9 votes is 9 founds
Alaska 3 votes is 3 founds
Arizona 11 votes is 11 founds
etc
February 25, 2022 10:45PM
Sorry, to clarify:

1. If a user has found at least 1 cache in any US state or DC, then they should receive all EC votes of that state. So for example, 1 cache found in California would get them 55 EC votes. Right now the checker shows 1 cache means 1 vote, which is incorrect. For example 44 cache finds in California would mean the user would have 44 EC, which again is incorrect.

2. The checker correctly does not include locationless caches. The first checker I used (the one that was disabled) included the two groundspeak ones (trash cleanup and signal the frog). So it gave a user Washington State when it really shouldn't have. The current checker also correctly excludes traveling caches, as the reviewer has tested for me.
February 26, 2022 07:33PM
Thanks for pinging me on this vogelbird. I'll update my original script.
February 25, 2022 06:45PM
@vogelbird An easy way to doublecheck if locationless caches are excluded is to run the checker for magma1447, he has zero real finds in the US but has logged one of the new locationless caches and he gets credited for Washington state in this checker. Clearly the update is not working as intended.
February 26, 2022 04:41AM
Ok, I tried using the old checker but I am getting an error that the GC is already in use as in I can't clone more than one checker per cache. Could you disable the previous checkers used for this cache, and make those amends (listed in my previous message) to code? Thanks so much!
February 26, 2022 11:49AM
I have removed the checker and sent an email to the scriptwriter

There appear to be two problems in the script
- exclusion of the crazy caches (travelling caches)
local crazy_caches = PGC.GetBookmarklist("BMAFMJR"
- Locationless caches
February 26, 2022 07:51PM
The script has been updated to exclude locationless by type and the caches on HQ's "Caches Excluded from Souvenirs and Statistics" list.

bluesnote you should be good now. Let me know if not.

Thanks Pleu for the hint on how to test locationless. That helped a lot!
February 26, 2022 08:15PM
February 27, 2022 07:11AM
Thank you so much for the edits! It appears the checker is working as intended. The cache has been published.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login