Advanced

Re: Checker Tags for GC1M0D0

[Resolved] Checker Tags for GC1M0D0
March 01, 2022 05:06AM
Hi, I have a legacy blackout cache GC1M0D0 that I'd like to be able to use a checker on. tl;dr: a bookmark challenge https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC1M0D0/52489 almost works - I would like to exclude disabled caches. How can I do this?

Originally, the users were provided a polygon of the city limits that ran in GSAK or send me their MyFind query and I can do it. As many people are using phones these days, explaining either of these concepts is not working well. I simplified the city polygon a lot and it sorta kinda worked when it didn't timeout. Since I don't want to kill the server, my fallback was to use a bookmark list that I maintain.

The one element that's missing is I'd like it to ignore disabled/archived caches. Conceptually, this seems like it's just updating the tag of the existing checker; however, despite half an hour poking through pinned messages and forums, I'm lacking the right vernacular to lead me to such a tag.
March 01, 2022 08:27AM
I will look at this and solve it by base it on polygons.
March 01, 2022 08:34PM
Status: I can count number of finds in the polygon, but I can not find a way to know how many to fulfill the challenge.
March 01, 2022 08:45PM
Cool! Thanks - it's simply "find all active non-event caches within the polygon" (at that point in time). Thus if a cache in disabled or archived, doesn't hurt the challenge finder.
March 03, 2022 10:17AM
The checker can be found here: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC1M0D0/66589

Please test if it fulfills the challenge.
If it does, please remove your own reference to the bookmark checker, so only one checker is referenced for the cache.

It has been fun to made the checker!
March 03, 2022 10:28AM
This checker script is stillq disabled
March 03, 2022 12:19PM
The checker and tag is enabled, now.
March 28, 2022 07:22PM
Hello again, would it be possible to reenable the checker?
March 29, 2022 12:06PM
The checker is enabled.
March 03, 2022 04:05PM
Many thanks, Foolie - works beautifully. Replaced the prior checker with the current one & validated on the last two (recent) finders. I removed the tags on the other two checkers (one had been disabled).

Thanks again!
Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login