Advanced

Re: Requesting checker for GC9P0GZ

[Resolved] Requesting checker for GC9P0GZ
March 04, 2022 04:12AM
Hi there, I was wondering if I could get a checker built for GC9P0GZ.

If you think of the D/T grid as a 9x9 bingo card, the challenge is to "fill in" or complete one row and one column or both diagonals all with the same cache attribute. I've already reviewed the idea for this challenge with my local reviewer and it has been approved. I'm just hoping a checker can be built for it, please and thank you. :-)

Please note the same cache can be used for the "intersection" square in the two "patterns" so only 17 caches are needed to complete this challenge. Consider that like their "free space" (sort of). Obviously lab caches or benchmarks can not be used for this challenge. And the Lost and Found tour, Partnership cache, and Needs Maintenance attributes can not be used for this challenge. The other 108 positive and negative attributes are all fair game for this challenge. I'm not sure if there are any other gotchas to be concerned about.

I also have a potentially big ask for the checker output too, if it's not too much trouble. I totally understand if it's not possible or takes too much effort but I'm hoping the output of the checker can be a D/T grid/table that's filled in with the icon of the attribute that qualifies the cacher for this challenge. And ideally not just the one row and column or diagonals are filled in but all the squares in the table where they have found a cache with that attribute. (I'm just trying to future-proof the checker if I do a blackout version of this challenge someday.) Hopefully the actual qualifying row and column or diagonals can be highlighted in the grid in some way. And finally it would be nice if the icons would be clickable so they would link to each qualifying cache. Again, if none of that is possible, I totally understand. I'll be very happy if any checker can be built for this challenge. :-) (So far, I'm the fastest way I've been able to figure out this challenge is using pivot tables in Excel.)

Thank you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
March 04, 2022 11:09AM
This request needs as far as I know a script extension or a new script
March 04, 2022 10:35PM
Thanks for the update. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I can provide you with other Fizzy attribute challenges that I've found out there which could perhaps be used as a starting point for this checker or similar challenges with output that I like the look of, too. Or I could also document my version of the pseudo-code / logic / process that I use to figure out how to qualify for this challenge, if it helps.

And if it is the fancy output that I requested that's the hold-up, please ignore that stuff. As I said before, a working checker is the first priority. :-)

I was brainstorming about other potential 'Bingo' themed patterns last night too so hopefully this checker can be genetic enough to be used for other similar challenges in the future (mine or otherwise) too.

Thank you again.
April 14, 2022 02:34PM
Here is a checker, extended from one of my scripts:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9P0GZ/67896
Please say if this is good for you.
April 16, 2022 02:30AM
Hi there - I've tested it and it's looking good. I really like how the output highlights the row/column or diagonals used to pass the challenge. So far I've only been able to test against cachers who seem to pass the checker using the row/column method though. That part seems to be working great. :-)

However I can't tell if the diagonal part of the checker is working since I haven't been able to find a cacher who's only passes the challenge using just the diagonal criteria. I'll have to trust that part of the checker works. :-)

Could you please confirm what the "1 combos" part of the heading above each D/T attribute grid in the output represents? eg. "'Dogs' caches (1 combos)" is at the top of a dogs attribute D/T grid for one cacher whose D/T attribute grid is a full blackout (ie. fully filled in). I would have thought the header would say "82 combos" (instead of "1 combos") for each of the possible ways that D/T grid 'passes' the challenge (ie 9 rows by 9 columns + the diagonal = 81 + 1 = 82). Or does "1 combos" represent the number of combos required to pass the challenge?

Also, is there any way for the checker to output all the attribute D/T grids for cachers who do fail the challenge so that they will know what squares they need to fill out to meet the challenge? Right now, there's no easy way to tell.

Thanks. Otherwise, like I said, the output looks great. :-) I have to say I'm really impressed; the look/graphics of it are even more than I expected. :-)
April 17, 2022 12:13AM
I have a couple of diagonals in my results so you could run my name to see how they show. I don't have any with _only_ diagonals though.
April 17, 2022 12:30AM
If you run user 'geoschwob.com', their Dangerous Area attribute works by only the diagonal qualification :)

The 'combos' part was just a part I forgot to change.

Ill add the extra output for those that don't qualify hopefully when I have time in a couple of days.
April 18, 2022 11:45AM
Checker now updated to show all DTs.
April 18, 2022 09:44PM
Much better! Thank you for offering yourselves and other 'test' users so I can verify the output. It looks like the issues have been fixed. I see now that the "1 combos" part of the headers have disappeared so there's no more concern there. :-) And the output (pass or fail) shows all the attributes D/T grids no matter what now. That's even better for me now since I can use the output to test other challenge ideas I have churning in my head already (stay tuned...). So a BIG thank you for what you've done. :-) Looks great.

I realize now that I probably didn't need to exclude the Lost and Found tour and Partnership cache attributes but it's probably better to exclude them just to be consistent with other attribute challenges out there. Let's face it; it would be quite the feat if someone managed to complete the challenge with either one of those very elusive attributes. :-o

I have one more question, about the example log section. In my 'run', I get this output
==================
I've found the required DT lines of 4 different attribute(s) (1 needed):
Excluding: Needs maintenance; Lost and Found tour; Partnership cache;
2 "Dogs"
2 "Available in winter"
2 "Scenic view"
2 "Parking nearby"

==================
What does the '2' represent? If it's the number of combos found within each attribute grid, it's not calculating properly. That would be nice to show that if it's possible though. Or is this just a case like the '1 combos' thing where it can just be removed without any adverse effects?

Thanks again. I'm so happy a checker could be created for this challenge. :-)
April 19, 2022 05:21PM
Yep - just another thing I forgot, hopefully that is the last now.
April 19, 2022 11:37PM
No worries. As far as I can see, everything looks good now and this checker is good to go. I probably already wore it out with the number of times I've ran it. ;-) LOL

Please close this request

Thank you! Thank you to everyone who helped along the way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login