Advanced

Re: 2 checkers and a question

[Resolved] 2 checkers and a question
March 17, 2022 06:22PM
Good afternoon. I need two similar challenge checkers created and I also have a question to see if an older challenge is acceptable with the current guidelines.

GC9PXJE You must have attended 3 different type of events. Eligible events would include Event, Mega, Giga, CITO, Community Celebration Event (or Lost and Found Celebrations), Geocaching Block Party. These do not have to have been on the same date. Just have logged 3 different types of events.

GC9PTD4 - same requirements as above, but this challenge requires that you have attended 4 different types of events

I came across a really cool challenge cache (GC269X6 - it even has a checker created) that I would love to use, but I am not sure that it would be allowable with the new challenge guidelines. To qualify, you have to find and log 40 consecutive caches without finding or logging any micro or nano caches. The length of time does not matter, so I don't think that it would violate the time sensitive rule...but it still seems like it might be considered a streak. Any thoughts on whether this would be allowed under the current guidelines?

Thanks for your help!

Chris
March 17, 2022 07:17PM
Here are the links
GC9PXJE You must have attended 3 different type of events. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9PXJE/67078
GC9PTD4 You must have attended 4 different type of events. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9PTD4/67079

Please test and reply

As for your question
This sort of consecutive finds challendes have not been approved since the introduction of the hiding guidelines after April 21, 2015.
I think the reason is 2.12.14 14. Positive Challenge Criteria
The challenge criteria might limit (or punishes any element) of finding micro or nano caches.
March 17, 2022 10:36PM
Both checkers work perfectly. Thanks for the speedy work here! And thanks for answering my question about the other challenge...I suspected that it would not be allowed any more.

Please consider this request closed.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login