Advanced

[Awaiting feedback] Potential problem with a checker?

[Awaiting feedback] Potential problem with a checker?
March 29, 2022 08:24PM
Hi there, I'm trying to get a better understanding of how one of my challenge checkers works.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8ZV2Q/57130

A cacher believes they've completed the challenge (verified manually by them) but the checker says otherwise. They suspect it's because one event is being used for the wrong "category". ie. An event attended on May 28th is being used for the 28th day instead of May. They have multiple events that could be used for the 28th but this is their only event in May.

Is there any way to verify what is happening and how to "fix" this? They suspect it's because the checker processes all their events by chronological date (including year), going through the 'day' category first and therefore "chooses" that specific event first for the 28th before the "month" category is processed. Hopefully that makes sense.

If anyone should shed some light on this mystery, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need the cachers' name for testing, I can provide it but would prefer to do that via DM to protect their privacy.

Thanks.
Re: Potential problem with a checker?
March 29, 2022 09:16PM
Please sent me the name via geocaching messager service so I can test the problem
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login