Advanced

Re: Earthcache-Bingo Challenge Checker

[Resolved] Earthcache-Bingo Challenge Checker
April 03, 2022 08:28PM
Will it be possible, that a Challenge-Checker for an Earthcache-Bingo will be made?

There will be a 3x3 matrix so that maximum 8 Bingo will be possible.
To fulfill the challenge, 4 Bingos (vertikal, horizontal or diagonal) are needed!

Here you will find the 3x3 matrix in german and english.

German: Earthcache-Bingo-german

Englisch: Earthcache-Bingo-Englisch

The GC-Code will be GC9Q3JV if a checker is possible.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Schlemrk

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2022 08:51PM by Schlemrk. (view changes)
April 04, 2022 11:51AM
The chellenge criteria is not clear to me.
Maybe you can explain this criteria in more detail or is there one of the other taggers who know what this means
April 04, 2022 01:16PM
To fulfill the first row the cacher must have found EC in minimum 30 different regions (Landkreise/Städte)(county/city), two EC outside Europa and one at an altitude of more than 1,500m than the Cacher has the first Bingo.

There are maximum 8 Binogs possible. 3 vertikal, 3 horizontal and 2 diagonal.

If a cache fulfill the conditions for 4 Bingos, the challenge is passed.

You finde the matrix with the conditions unter the linked pictures above in the first request. Could you see the matrixpicture?

Greetings
April 04, 2022 01:58PM
Thank you, I missed the link when reading
Checker will follow when item I is changed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2022 03:23PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
April 04, 2022 01:53PM
@vogelbird

It's a normal bingo challenge but with a "twist" of requiring multiple bingos on a very small grid, which doesn't really make sense.

So OP is asking for a bingo checker for:
A) Find earthcaches in at least 30 regions
B) Find at least two earthcaches outside of Europe
C) Find at least one earthcache at an altitude of more than 1,500m
D) Find at least one earthcache at an altitued of 0m or less
E) Find at least 100 earthcaches
F) Find at least 10 earthcaches in other European countries (outside of Germany I assume?)
G) Find earthcaches in at least eight German regions
H) Find at least one earthcache were the D/T-sum is at least 6 (example 3/3 or 5/1)
I) Find earthcaches with at least 15 different initial letters. (This one is obviously not allowed)

Possible bingo-combinations are ABC, DEF, GHI, ADG, BEH, CFI, AEI or CEG. 4 of the combinations need to be fulfilled to pass the checker, that seems a bit unnecessary since in reality it means you can only leave out 1 or 2 requirements. I think it would make more sense as a "7 out of these 9 requirements"-list. Currently described the fewest requirements needed would be something like:
ABC
DEF
G

This would give two horizontal, one vertical and one diagonal bingo, total of 4 bingos. But again. In reality it's basically a "7 out of 9 requirements", unless you don't fulfill requirement E because then all the other requirements are needed so it becomes "8 of 9".

Of course OP need to rework the I-requirement since cache name is not a valid challenge requirement. And some clarification would be needed for how they define Europe.
Re: Earthcache-Challenge Checker
April 04, 2022 09:28PM
Pleu's description is perfect.

To B: As Europe is defined in Wikipedia. Europe

To F: Yes, outside of Germany

To I: Ok, we didn't know, there are challenges here that say "find a cache with the first letters from A to Z. Two jokers are allowed to fulfill the challenge". There is a similar checker for the alphabet in GC5GT0B. so I should be OK. be right?

For us it would also be perfectly fine if you say 6 out of 9, we want that the Challenge will be found so leave out the "bingo conditions", this will be better or? Than the title will be Earthcache-Challenge Checker

Thank you for your great support.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2022 09:29PM by Schlemrk. (view changes)
April 04, 2022 09:37PM
GC5GT0B is a legacy cache published prior to April 21, 2015

The current guidelines do not allow Challenges to be based on
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
or
Challenges based on words or letters.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
April 04, 2022 09:58PM
Ok, sorry, we missed this guideline change. Than we will change it to this:

I) Find 5 earthcaches which are published before 2011

This should be ok or?

Thanks for your help.
April 05, 2022 01:13PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9Q3JV/67582

However there is still a problem.
Normally the owner of the challenge has to fulfill all the tasks described but you do not fulfill the task "Find at least two earthcaches outside of Europe"
April 06, 2022 12:01PM
Thanks for your very good help, perfect.

Yes I know, I will not be the owner of the challenge, this will be a friend, WerthersEchte and he fulfill 9/9 [:)]

Greetings
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login