Advanced

Re: Checker for GCA1WC6

[Resolved] Checker for GCA1WC6
November 07, 2022 08:27AM
Can I please get a checker that requires the finder to have found at least one of the five oldest active caches in Australia for seven of these eight types: traditional, unknown, multi, letterbox hybrid, earth, wherigo, virtual, webcam.

They must also have found 12 from this list in total.

For example, if I had found:
- 3 of the 5 oldest traditionals in Australia,
- 1 of the 5 oldest unknowns in Australia,
- 0 of the 5 oldest letterboxes in Australia,
- 2 of the 5 oldest wherigos in Australia,
- 1 of the 5 oldest multis in Australia,
- 1 of the 5 oldest earthcaches in Australia,
- 2 of the 5 oldest virtuals in Australia, and
- 2 of the 4 (only) webcams in Australia,

and I have found 12 of these caches in total, I would qualify
November 07, 2022 02:27PM
This is probably going to require a new script.
November 07, 2022 03:36PM
bmuzzin did alread an extention on the multitest script which might be adopted to this request
November 07, 2022 03:37PM
I will take a look.
November 07, 2022 03:50PM
Unfortunately that script does not work well with "points" (which is the only way that I can think to implement the "at least 12" requirement.)

Taggers can see tag #72656 on script #9976.

@bmuzzin, can you update your script?
November 08, 2022 03:49PM
I can change the `oldest` function with additional options to make it so you must find exactly the Nth oldest cache in the list. I guess I'll also change the 'topfav' at the same time. And then we can use `at_least`. Not sure if all those conditions are going to be able to fit into the config field though... I guess I'll find out. I'll try to do these changes later today.
November 09, 2022 12:10AM
Updated and tagged (and wow, the config *JUST* fit, with all the whitespace removed! :))
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA1WC6/72711

Please test, verify and respond. Also - just to confirm, the checker says you qualify, but disagrees slightly with your posted qualifiers above. It says you've actually found 2 LBs (instead of 0), 3 ECs (instead of 1), and 3 virtuals (instead of 2).

I've sadly found zero, even though I've been to Australia... I wasn't caching then.
November 09, 2022 12:20AM
Thanks for your efforts.

The example I listed was not my finds but just an example.

This checker doesn't seem to perform the 7 of 8 types criteria. For example, Liz and Bruce have 18 finds in total but only 6 of the 8 types so should not qualify but the checker says they do

Edit: if it is too difficult to add that requirement, can we please just change the total required to 14. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2022 12:25AM by Beardman75. (view changes)
November 09, 2022 03:19AM
Apparently my strength is in programming, not reading! ;)

Updated the script, to use the points system (as Hügh suggested), and now it uses a lot less config space. It now checks both that you have 12 points, AND that you have found at least one of the 7/8 types. "Liz and Bruce" now DNQ, but you still do.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA1WC6/72713

Please re-check, verify and reply.
November 09, 2022 03:57AM
That's brilliant. Thanks heaps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login