Advanced

Re: Requesting a clone with some changes

[Resolved] Requesting a clone with some changes
November 11, 2022 09:23PM
Hi there, I was wondering if the checker for this challenge GCA1ETE could be cloned and one of its tags modified (hopefully I'm using the correct terms here). Instead of just the US states and DC, I'm hoping it can be opened up to also include all Canadian provinces and territories and any other countries excluding Canada and USA. Is there any way the cache name and date found can be included in the output as well?

The GC code for my cache is GCA1Z7P.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks.
November 11, 2022 09:41PM
This script will only allow regions (States or Provinces or regions) countries can not be introduced
November 11, 2022 10:58PM
Oh, ok. If I do states and provinces only then, does that mean all states and provinces (and their equivalents) in all countries or can it be restricted to just Canada and US (including Canadian territories and US DC)?

Could you please set it up with the 'provinces and states across all countries' option first (I'm assuming that includes all 3 Canadian territories and DC in the US) so I can test it? That should give people more potential caches/options to qualify for the challenge and perhaps I can increase the number required for the challenge then.

I just want to make sure it's not as granular as the smaller regions (or whatever they're called) within individual provinces and states (we call them counties here). The smallest I want is just provinces and states.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, one more thing then. Could the country be added to the output as well then, please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2022 10:59PM by sapien. (view changes)
November 12, 2022 12:18PM
This script works as such that if for instance I introduce a country name it will only show one country in the output i.e. it will cancel out any other region in that country,
Likewise mentioning the found date in the output it will cancel any other find on that same date.

That is the reason that the output is limited to type region size difficulty terrain

I made two checker for you to test although you only found 6 caches out of the 7 needed.
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA1Z7P/72783 for the US and Canada

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA1Z7P/72784 for no country restrictions

Please let me know what you are going to use
November 16, 2022 10:04AM
Hi there, thanks for all the work you've done. I've done some preliminary testing and I think I'm going to use the no countries restrictions checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA1Z7P/72784. Please remove the other checker. I figure the no countries restriction allows all cachers a greater chance to complete this challenge, especially the non-North American cachers.

Thank you for the explanation about not including the date found and country in the output. What about the cache name? Is it possible to add that to the output then, or is there the risk of coming across 2 caches with exactly the same name a problem here as well?

Could you also please confirm which cache types this checker allows? I'm hoping it doesn't allow benchmarks or lab caches to be used for the challenge.

Thanks.
November 16, 2022 11:08AM
Checker 72783 is removed and added the cache name as the last constraint so it will be a very remote possibility that there is a double name.

Excluded from the checker are Locationless , Benchmarks and Lab caches
November 25, 2022 08:20AM
Great catch on excluding Locationless caches. Thank you. I never would have thought to exclude them but it makes sense. :-)

I've ran the checker against some more people now. Is there a reason why the output looks different between a "completed" vs "failed" checker run? If the cacher fails to qualify, the caches are in a tab arranged table but if a cacher completes the challenge, the output uses '/' separated lines.

I do like all the suggestions, etc listed after a failed run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2022 12:38PM by sapien. (view changes)
November 25, 2022 11:28AM
I changed the sort order so they are the same for completed" vs "failed"
November 25, 2022 01:02PM
That didn't seem to fix the issue. Here's a sample of the two outputs that I'm seeing:

This is what the example log looks like from someone who has completed the challenge
GCcode - type / Region / Size / Difficulty / Terrain / Cache name
GC10VMY - Earthcache / New York / Other / 1.0 / 3.0 / Eternal Flame Falls Earthcache

vs someone who fails to qualify
GCcode type Region Size Difficulty Terrain Cache name
GC1EGG5 Earthcache Hawaii Not chosen 1.5 2.5 Black sand beach-Plage de sable noire-14

As you can see, the first output basically has "/" separated data and the 2nd one is a full tab delimited table with bolded headers (which I can't properly replicate in this post - sorry). Is there any way for the look of the 2 example log outputs to look the same?

Thanks
November 25, 2022 02:41PM
No, the output was chozen by the scriptwriter.

I can not make any changes in the output
November 27, 2022 08:53AM
Oh, ok. No worries then. It just seems strange they are different but it's not that big of an issue. I'm happy the checker works and the output is accurate and correct. Please close this request as completed. Thank you for all your help again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login