Advanced

Re: Requesting a checker for GCA2KRJ also

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GCA2KRJ also
December 07, 2022 08:16AM
Hi again - Could I please get a checker built for this challenge as well? I've seen this as 2 separate challenges before but I want to combine them into one challenge (which I don't think I've seen).

For this challenge, a cacher must have found all 7 cache sizes in every month of the year, and 7 cache types in every month as well (excluding virtual, benchmarks, and lab caches). Virtuals are excluded from the cache type portion of the challenge because they are already counted as a cache size.

It must be the same 7 cache types across all 12 months as well. (ie. no mix and match, or random 7 cache types each month).

The same cache can be reused for both the size and type criteria as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks again.
December 07, 2022 12:20PM
This request needs a script extension
December 07, 2022 05:36PM
I just wrote a script that does checks on an X/Y grid... so I embedded it into my modified version of the Multi-test script... added a few extra parameters/fixes, and viola:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA2KRJ/73404

Note: If you have a type/size with a year that's incomplete, it shows cells where you have a find in yellow - if you pass the year with that type/size, it shows them in green. If you have nothing in a cell, it's just blank white.

Also note: from the 'type' portion of the challenge, I've removed rows for types that the user has almost no hope of qualifying with - Project APE Cache (since there are only 2), Groundspeak HQ (since there's only 1), GPS Adventures Exhibit (since they're pretty rare), Groundspeak Block Party (I think there's only been 2?), Locationless (Reverse) Cache (there's only 3 currently active, and the others have been inactive for a long long time). I've also excluded Virtuals as requested - benchmarks and labs can't be included anyhow.

Edit: I ran the checker for you... you better go and find a "large" and "not chosen" this month... :)

Please test it out, and let us know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2022 05:50PM by bmuzzin. (view changes)
December 08, 2022 07:33PM
Wow! The checker looks great and works exactly as requested. Thank you!

And thank you for the feedback about the rare cache types. I mainly left them in this challenge because it was just easier for me, but also for "futureproofing" purposes and in case there are any Charter members out there who were around in the heydays when some of those types were more common. Who knows? Maybe some day, HQ could suddenly resurrect the other 12 Ape caches, or put out more locationless caches or allow more GPS Adv Exhibits, :-) Anyways, I'll just add them to the exclusion list in my description for this challenge and all is good. Really there are only 7-9 what I would call "common" cache types out there anyways.

I think this request can be closed unless there's anything else. Thank you again for the checker and fast turnaround. :-)

PS - Heheh I just found and logged my 2 missing squares. All is good. :-) I've been waiting for this month to complete this challenge so I could publish it. :-b
December 08, 2022 08:02PM
Hi again - I didn't know if I should edit my previous post or start a new one. I started a new one. I was too busy looking at the table that I didn't see the contents of the example log box. Here's the output I get
=========================
[sapien](https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=sapien) has used [Project-GC](https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA2KRJ/73404 "Project-GC Challenge Checker") to see if they qualified for this challenge and they did.

OK: AND{
OK: You had 7 rows, which had at least 12 cells with 1 find(s), out of a required 7.

You pass the challenge.OK: You had 7 rows, which had at least 12 cells with 1 find(s), out of a required 7.

You pass the challenge.}
=========================
This may not be possible but is there any way to make this less generic/more descriptive for those people who c&p this into their logs? It seems a little confusing. Maybe that's in part because it appears to be missing a carriage return/new line here too
==================
You pass the challenge.OK: You had 7 rows, which had at least 12 cells with 1 find(s), out of a required 7.
================== should be
You pass the challenge.
OK: You had 7 rows, which had at least 12 cells with 1 find(s), out of a required 7.

==================

If it can't be changed, that's fine too. Really the most important part is the green check mark. :-)
December 08, 2022 08:38PM
The "you passed the challenge" part was from the original script. Since the multi-test script does the "OK" thing before the criteria, it seems redundant, so I've removed that. Also, instead of saying row/column, it says whatever the axis field is now. So, here's the new output, which seems a little clearer:

[bmuzzin](https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=bmuzzin) has used [Project-GC](https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA2KRJ/73404 "Project-GC Challenge Checker") to see if they qualified for this challenge and they did.

OK: AND{
OK: You had 7 types, which had at least 12 cells with 1 find(s), out of a required 7.
OK: You had 7 sizes, which had at least 12 cells with 1 find(s), out of a required 7.
}

It's hard to make the "X cells" statement less generic, without hard coding something, or massively adding to the tagging requirements, so hopefully this is good with you. Let us know.
December 14, 2022 07:15PM
Thank you for making the fixes. It looks much better now. I've tested it a few more times and all is good. I believe this request can be closed now. Thank you again for all your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login