Advanced

Re: 50/100/150 Wherigos on a calendar day (several years) [3 checkers needed]

[Resolved] 50/100/150 Wherigos on a calendar day (several years) [3 checkers needed]
February 07, 2017 04:05PM
Hi there! I got the idea from GC6THHH-200 mysteries on a day.

I would need three similar checkers, only changing Unknown Type for Wherigo and with three different requirements as number of caches found on the same day.
50 in a day- GC707ZF
100 in a day- GC707ZJ
150 in a day- GC707ZM

I'd love to have them published for the 23rd of February, if possible. Thanks a lot to every single person out there helping us with this. =D
Cheers!
February 07, 2017 05:43PM
You should read the rules (http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206#criteria) and check with your local reviewer whether these challenges would be accepted. There are three particular areas where you may struggle:

1. You are not allowed to do 'time limited' finds such as 50 in a single day. What you can require though is 50 on a single calendar date (e.g. a cacher can find 20 one year on 23/feb and another 30 on 23/feb the next year. [edit: your title indicates you are aware of this]
2. You must have met the challenge yourself (I've not checked to see if you do or not)
3. That the challenge is reasonably attainable, this is subject to reviewers views but some regions reviewers require you to provide a list of cachers who already qualify for the challenge. Because you are requiring wherigo caches I think you may struggle with this. In the UK at least there are only 400 wherigo caches in total. I doubt it would be physically possible to collect 50 in a day just due to driving, ignoring the fact that many wherigo may each take 1+ hours to complete. Even allowing them across years I think (for the UK) the challenge would be considered way too difficult, even reducing the requirements to 5/10/15 on a calendar date would still be extremely difficult for someone to achieve given how rare the cache type is. If they are more popular in other countries then your reviewer may have a different viewpoint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 05:47PM by mole125. (view changes)
February 07, 2017 05:54PM
Are you aware that you have to fulfill your own challenge as per the guidelines http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206#verification
Challenge cache owners must show that they have met the challenge. (new 2016)

Here are the links to the checkers
50 in a day- GC707ZF http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC707ZF/24748
100 in a day- GC707ZJ http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC707ZJ/24749
150 in a day- GC707ZM http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC707ZM/24750

Please confirm that this is the checker you require

Sorry mole125, I did not see your answer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 05:56PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
February 07, 2017 09:34PM
Thanks so much for the quick responses! And thanks a lot for your concerns =D
Yes, I am aware that I need to fulfill it myself (by the time I publish the challenge I will have fulfilled it) and I am aware that it needs to be attainable mole125...there is going to be a surprise around the area in Madrid soon and something might make it perfectly attainable =P
It is true that they are extremely uncommon and normally take long to solve but in this case it might take up to 30 secs to complete each of them (playable anywhere) and then people would only need to decide to collect them on the same day.
50 is going to be pretty much autoachievable...100 will require a bit of planning ahead and 150 will be a true challenge, despite having still a wide margin in the area to get them. =D
Concerning point 1, that was exactly what I was requesting. Sorry if I didn't manage to make it clear enough, that's why I referred to the one about 200 mysteries that has recently been published in Madrid =D
I will go now and try to check the checkers that vogelbird provided.
Once again, thanks a lot!!! I didn't imagine it would be so, so quick. =D
You are great!!!
February 07, 2017 10:10PM
As promised, I have tried them and they seem to be working so far. I'll double check them with more usernames.
What should I do now? Do I need to save them somehow? =D
Thanks a lot!
February 07, 2017 10:47PM
Just save the links and whrn you are ready make your listing you can use the following steps
1. Go to your Checker's page here (linked above).
2. There are buttons on the right side of the screen. Click the bottom one that says "Link."
3. Follow the instructions in the pop-up box. Copy the HTML into your clipboard.
4. Go to your cache listing and place it in "edit" mode.
5. Paste the HTML from your clipboard into the desired location within your cache description.
6. Check the acknowledgment boxes at the bottom of the edit page and then save your changes.:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login