Advanced

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GCA4QBC

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GCA4QBC
March 03, 2023 04:34AM
Hi again, could I please get a checker built for my new challenge GCA4QBC? This new challenge is similar to my existing challenge GC9JYR0 but instead of filling the 2 calendars (365 found days and hidden dates) with traditional caches, I would like to fill both calendars with micro sized caches now.

Could you please create this new checker for micros? I like the checker from GC9JYR0 and the look of its output so if it's possible, could it be reused for this challenge except for using green check marks and red x's instead of the traditional green box icon. I would think the micro size icon probably won't fit/look right anyways.

I would like the 2 challenges to "match" as much as possible so I would like the same "extra" criteria for this new challenge as well. People can't use their own caches for this challenge (in the past you were able to log your own caches). And in the past you could log the same cache multiple times but for this challenge, a cache can only be used once. And as per GC rules, Feb 29 is not required for either calendar. Feb 29 is just a "bonus" day.

I am aware I don't qualify for this challenge yet but I'm working on it and won't publish until I complete the challenge, as per GC rules.

Thank you again for all your help.
Re: Requesting a checker for GCA4QBC
March 03, 2023 06:11AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA4QBC/75628

Please test and reply
March 03, 2023 11:04PM
Tested and it appears to be working great with the output as I requested. Thank you very much for the quick turnaround.

I do have a (hopefully) small 'nice to have' to ask for though. No pressure here; please feel free to say no if it is not possible or if it's too much work to do. This is definitely not critical for the checker. I think I've just been spoiled here by all the various PGC checker writers who go above and beyond to add some extra features to the checkers I've requested. :-) It's like I've seen too much. ;-)

So my question is - is it possible to set up each green checkmark in the checker output to link to the cache the checker used to qualify that cacher on that date? And further to that, can the red x's link to caches that the cacher hasn't found and can use to qualify for the challenge? If that's all easy to do, is it possible to also add that functionality to the checker for my other challenge GC9JYR0 as well?

Again, no pressure here. If it's not possible to do this or simply too much work (or that you're not interested in doing it), or for whatever reason, please feel free to say no. C'est la vie. I'm very happy with the checker as is and you can make this request as resolved.

Thank you again for all the time and effort you put in to help our challenge community. :-)
March 06, 2023 11:27AM
Sorry this is not my script and this feature does not exist in the multi checkers.
March 06, 2023 10:20PM
Thanks for the reply, vogelbird. No worries. Like I said, it was just a nice to have.

Please close this request as completed then. Thank you for all your help again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login