Advanced

Re: Requesting a new checker for GCA20AG

[Resolved] Requesting a new checker for GCA20AG
March 24, 2023 07:29PM
Hi there -

There is already a checker built for GCA20AG - https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA20AG/73352 but unfortunately that challenge was denied by HQ. I've come up with a different challenge now that has been tentatively been approved by my local reviewers already (but no feedback from HQ as far as I know). Could I please get that existing checker "removed" and have a new checker built for this new challenge now or have the existing checker changed to the new challenge?

To qualify for this new challenge, you must attend events (of any type) on at least 183 days of the year. Here's some more detail/criteria/caveats
  • The year is irrelevant, just the month and day matter for this challenge.
  • The days don't have to be consecutive either so this is not a streak challenge.
  • Any past 'attends' count.
  • All event types (regular, CITOs, L&F/CCE, megas, gigas, HQ block party, HQ celebrations) can be used for this challenge.
  • I'm just not sure how the challenge should handle Feb 29 with respect to the GC challenge rules though. If I had a choice, Feb 29 is not mandatory (no specific dates are) but not excluded either. If a cacher has attended an event on Feb 29, it can count towards the 183 days. Does that fit within the GC guidelines?

I think that covers everything. Please reach out if I missed any potential gotchas.

Thank you in advance for helping.
March 24, 2023 09:22PM
Here is the new tag and the old one removed
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA20AG/76242

When you press a found date you can see which Event is used

Please test and reply
March 28, 2023 11:51AM
Thank you.

Could you please confirm if this checker uses Placed Date or Found Date? I suspect the checker is using Found Date. Unless there is a good reason to use Found Date (and if it's possible), could the checker please use Placed Date (the actual date of the event) instead? I know that's the default "by default" now (ie you can't change the date used for events) but in the past, you could log events on whatever date you wanted.

Thanks.
March 28, 2023 01:27PM
Sorry, one more piece of feedback I was given. Is there any way to make the "qualifying" date squares have a green background? Apparently the solid red "missing" squares/dates stand out and they looks like those are the "completed" dates instead of the white ones. Not a deal breaker in my mind but I just thought I'd ask. I know that the output header explains it anyways.

Thanks.
March 28, 2023 01:30PM
The checker is now on "hidden" date
March 30, 2023 09:12AM
Thank you. Hidden Date is working great now.

Is there any chance the colour scheme for the output can be changed as per my previous msg? I think the problem is mostly noticeable when you qualify for the challenge but just barely (183+ days range); then it could look confusing. If it's possible, please let me know when I can test the change(s).

Otherwise, if not, I will make do and you can close this request. I'm happy the output is correct.

Thanks.
April 19, 2023 11:28PM
I assume the colour scheme can not be changed so I've published this challenge. This request can be closed as well.

Thanks for all your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login