Advanced

Re: GCA6M5P - US Capital Challenge

[Resolved] GCA6M5P - US Capital Challenge
April 08, 2023 12:21AM
I am looking for help Frankensteining a challenge checker together.

The geocaching code is GCA6M5P. It needs to be untagged from its current challenge. It was rejected.

The challenge is to find a cache in 35 of the US state capital counties. District of Columbia can also be used for one of the counties.

I found a checker that checks for the counties from what I can tell: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7HP5Z/31969
It would just need to be modified to add the District of Columbia and up the required counties to 35. Any cache type can be used.

I also found this challenge checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC78CXG/27426 I love the output that it gives. It just looks like they utilized the actual city limits of the capitals, which I know is not allowed anymore.

Would it be possible to utilize the criteria of the first checker with the output of the second checker.
Thank you,

-Boreal Walker
April 08, 2023 02:09AM
@vogelbird, please disable existing tag on GCA6M5P.

Unfortunately, I would think not. However I can offer:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA6M5P/76555

Please test.
April 08, 2023 10:02AM
Tag disabled
April 08, 2023 02:44PM
Are you able to add the "District of Columbia" as a county to the list of options?
April 08, 2023 04:55PM
Added.
April 09, 2023 02:45PM
Thank you for putting this together for me. I think the output looks great. I appreciate it.

I think I was a little ambitious in my qualifiers. Can I drop the required number of counties to 25? That is the only way I could find 10 local cachers that qualify. Thanks,
April 09, 2023 03:49PM
Lowered threshold to 25.
April 10, 2023 01:46PM
Thank you,

Reviewer approved challenge. No further modifications needed. I appreciate the help with this.
April 11, 2023 05:28AM
Good Evening -

So, I someone noticed a bug with the checker. Yellowdogs reached out to me. He has finds in Hinds County, MS; Hartford County, CT, and Pulaski County, AR.

I am guessing that Hinds and Pulaski County are just truncated off since he has found 27 counties and only 25 show up. So those should be good.

The map of Connecticut on project-gc looks nothing like the county map of Connecticut. It now has nine counties and none of the names match the old ones. So, I guess the checker needs to be updated to reflect that. The new name is "Capitol Region COG"

If you could updated the checker with the new name for the "county" with the capital of Connecticut, I would appreciate it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2023 12:09PM by Boreal Walker. (view changes)
April 11, 2023 03:49PM
Fixed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login