Advanced

Re: Need Challenge Checker Created

[Resolved] Need Challenge Checker Created
June 27, 2023 03:19AM
I reread the challenge cache rules, but still uncertain if this is allowed? Checker for GCAA010 to find 1 cache of any type in 5 different states including DC in 1 calendar day. Thanks
June 27, 2023 04:16AM
Hello stevepre2,

Unfortunately, this challenge is not publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines - it's the "in one calendar day" bit that is problematic:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 9: Time-Limited

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Examples: Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.

Even if you make it cumulative over all years, it is still likely not publishable:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 9: Time-Limited

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example: find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.

Thanks,
Hügh
June 27, 2023 11:58PM
Ok. I changed GCAA010 to be 10 finds of any cache type in 25 different states including DC as state. Same checker as https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9YF9E/70795
June 27, 2023 11:59PM
In that case, you can use:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAA010/78977

Please test it, and let me know if it is as requested or if it requires further modification.

Thanks,
Hügh
June 28, 2023 12:01AM
What took you so long. LOL. It works great. The heading on the checker page just says GCAA010 - ? () if you want to add a description for it.
June 28, 2023 12:02AM
The title will automatically added once your cache is published by the Project-GC systems.
June 28, 2023 12:08AM
Ok. Great. I only want to deal with the U.S. on this challenge. Thanks a lot!
June 28, 2023 12:01AM
(Note that GC9YF9E includes finds in overseas territories -- Guam, American Samoa, etc. -- which I removed from the version I made for you.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login