Advanced

[Resolved] Checker for list of cacher names

[Resolved] Checker for list of cacher names
July 15, 2023 10:11PM
I thought I could clone one of the Bigcall checkers for a tool to see how many hider names in a list you had found. Alas, the list of charter members has now been integrated into PGC data.

I know such a checker won't be allowed by Challenge rules. I want it to show Cache Across America finishers (49 at this point) how many other finishers caches they have found. So the tool would have a list of 49 (or more later) names and check which ones you had found a cache by. Are there any other existing scripts I could clone to be able to do this?

Thanks, rragan (CAA finisher #48)
Re: Checker for list of cacher names
July 15, 2023 11:28PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5D7MZ/1001

This (grandfathered) challenge is nearby me. Is that what you're looking for?
July 16, 2023 01:02AM
Yes and no. If the tag had a list of names as I recall it once did but now it uses an internal data source of PGC. I want a script that takes a tag listing cachers names. Then I can amend the list every year or two when one more person finishes CAA.
July 16, 2023 02:53AM
You could probably tag https://project-gc.com/Challenges/?edit&scriptId=2615&addTag, and say (something like):

{"tests": [
{"name": "Caches hidden by CAA finishers.", "filters": {"field": "owner_id", "include": [1234, 5678, ...]}, "count": {"field": "owner_id"}, "log": {"format": "{placed_by} - {gccode} {cache_name} ..."}}
]}

This will be the numeric ID of the users, not the username. So unfortunately there is a bit of work. Also it wouldn't display the username, only the "placed by" name. But maybe that is okay with you.
July 17, 2023 01:50AM
I believe I'm authorized to create new scripts - at least I passed the test sometime ago. I've only every played with tags so far though. Looking at the bigcall checker script, the list of charter member names is embedded in the script as a local list. It seems like making a new script from that one would be little more than replacing the list of names with CAA finisher names. Moving the names to a tag would be more flexible when it comes to editing in new names I guess. This is really only of interest to a small community of CAA finishers (49 right now) and followers who want to know how many finishers they have found a cache by. Thoughts?
July 17, 2023 02:04AM
I think a new script is overkill, unless you want some very particular output. I went ahead and tagged the "Multiple test checker v2" as I suggested above, but only with the most recent five finishers (to save me time). It looks like this:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/79432

It has the unfortunate downside that the name that's displayed in the output might be the nickname that one would set when hiding a cache. You can run "fizzymagic" and "KfromCA" through to see this. But I can contact arisoft and see if it may be possible to adjust the script.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2023 02:05AM by Hügh. (view changes)
July 17, 2023 02:14AM
Update: I have asked arisoft to add the PGC.ProfileId2Name function to their script.
July 17, 2023 02:18AM
I think that will meet my needs. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login