Advanced

Re: A New Checker for GCADJEZ

[Resolved] A New Checker for GCADJEZ
August 30, 2023 08:50AM
Good morning, afternoon, evening, night,
This is my first challenge cache so my first challenge checker request (please be gentle).
I'm hoping to get a checker with the following attributes:

1) 40 caches

2) Within 40 kilometres of Shepparton, Victoria, Australia. Postcode 3630
Centre of city coordinates: S36 22.832 E145 24.009

3) Hidden on 40 different months

4) Hidden by 40 different owners

5) 6 different cache types

Any advice or feedback would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Craig (The Blind Side)
August 30, 2023 08:21PM
Hello The Blind Side,

I suspect that your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will deny this Challenge on review, citing this guideline:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). Examples: user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.

Accordingly, I would ask that you discuss with your local Community Volunteer Reviewer before we proceed with the creation of a Challenge Checker for your cache.

Thanks,
Hügh
September 01, 2023 01:13AM
Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply. I checked with our local reviewer and you are correct. I was looking at a cache not far from here that included a 60k radius but it was hidden in 2013 before the rules changed.

I did look at going with a local government area but there are caches that don't come up for some reason (probably border changes) so that will be confusing for finders.

I have decided to go with a challenge that requires 100 caches hidden on 100 different months by 100 different owners and must include six different cache types.

Cheers
Craig (The Blind Side)
September 01, 2023 06:04AM
Unfortunately that's probably still not do-able, because of this guideline:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
September 01, 2023 11:55AM
Hi Hugh,

OK, complete change of tact.
I will have to rename the cache and completely change the challenge but how about 30 caches that went unloved for more than 1 year.

Cheers
Craig (The Blind Side)
September 01, 2023 02:22PM
Sadly this also goes against the guidelines under lonely caches:
Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#positiveCriteria

Not acceptable

Competition rather than achievement. Examples: challenges based on "First to Finds" or lonely caches are competitions
September 02, 2023 03:10AM
Wow, this is way harder than I thought. The fun has certainly been taken out of challenge caches, no wonder there are none in our area!

Ok, 4th time lucky.

A challenge cache where you need to have found

4 earth caches
8 virtual caches
12 letterbox caches
16 mystery caches
20 multi caches
and
24 traditional caches

Kind regards
Craig (The Blind Side)
September 02, 2023 04:55AM
That should be do-able. You can use: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCADJEZ/80676
September 03, 2023 01:39AM
Thank you so much for both your patience, advice and the checker. Apologies for my ignorance in these matters. I appreciate your help.

Cheers
Craig (The Blind Side)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login