Advanced

Re: Atributes / countries

[Resolved] Atributes / countries
September 06, 2023 07:09PM
I would like a checker for the requirement that a certain number of attribute-country-points has to be found.

There are 108 attributes that may be used in a challenge.

So if one has found all 108 attributes in country 1 and 92 in country 2, it is 200 points.

I will decide the threshold later, after playing a bit with the checker, so set it preliminary on 1000.

Maybe I will create a difficult and a lighter one, but I will decide after playing with the checker.
September 06, 2023 07:13PM
GCADXN7
September 07, 2023 03:05AM
I cannot think of a good way to tag this... new script required?
September 07, 2023 04:18PM
Here is a checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCADXN7/80847
Please say if this is good for you.
September 07, 2023 09:37PM
Wow, thank you! It seems to do what I want and that is very good.
I would only prefer the presentation a bit nicer, but if it is too much work it is okay as it is.

Both the order of the countries and the order of the attributes I don't see any logic in. I would prefer a more logical order. The countries maybe alphabetical, but even better ordered from countries where the person checked has the most attributes found.
Same thing for the attributes. I would like the most if they can be in order from attributes found in most countries down till least countries.

And it would be nicer to have something else in the squares than the name of the country repeated. Maybe such a green okay-symbol as if often used in challenges?

But again, if I am asking very complicated things that require much work than it is okay as it is now.
September 07, 2023 09:40PM
O and one thing more. Maybe it is possible to add a total for every line and column so I can see how many attributes I have for every country and how many countries for every attribute?
September 07, 2023 11:49PM
Okay, I’ve done the ordering countries and green ticks, the totals will take a little longer, I’ll have a look tomorrow or the day after. I’ve also currently excluded Needs Maintenance attribute currently.
Another big problem I’ve noticed though, is that the output becomes too large for well-travelled cachers, and I’ll look to resolve this too in the next few days.
September 08, 2023 08:27AM
Thank you for all your efforts and patiently waiting for the things to come the next days
September 08, 2023 05:29PM
Updated with totals, and corrected a large bug that caused the html size to be much bigger than needed!! Should be all as requested now.
September 08, 2023 09:46PM
Thank you so much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login