Advanced

Re: Checker for finding X caches with Y favorite points that were hidden in a specific Year

Please add a checker that will verify that the cacher has a certain number of caches (default to 25) that meet the criteria:

1) Restrict by area (the 15 Northern VA counties) -
"county": [ "Winchester city (VA)", "Clarke County (VA)", "Loudoun County (VA)", "Fairfax city (VA)", "Falls Church city (VA)", "Arlington County (VA)", "Alexandria city (VA)", "Fairfax County (VA)", "Manassas Park city (VA)", "Manassas city (VA)", "Prince William County (VA)", "Stafford County (VA)", "Fauquier County (VA)", "Warren County (VA)", "Frederick County (VA)" ],

2) Restrict by year published (hidden in 2016)

3) Include the caches with a minimum number of favorite points (default to 5 favorite points)

Pass check criteria - certain number of the caches (default to 25) from the list of caches from the above criteria.

Thanks,

- VPDJ - Paul J
Howdy,

I did a quick checker for this and it appears that you only have found one cache hidden in 2016 in those counties in Virginia with 5 or more favorite points.

I am suspicious of a bug and will be chasing that but ...
Could you confirm that you believe you qualify and provide some gccodes to help my debugging?

Thanks.
I've confirmed in gsak that you completed it. I need to fix the checker.

Do you have a GC code?
Challenge cache GC - (GC70MKM) - checker I tagged has most of the expected GC's that match
I am really confused. I was looking for the GC code for the new cache that this checker is being created for. The one your gave me is for an existing archived cache.

I have a working tag and script. (There was some debugging to do.) Once you let me know the GC code for the new cache, I will be happy to provide the link.
That cache was archived by GC HQ - said you could not have a list of caches to be found - strange - we have done that for many years - so that one is being dropped and while we get the checker ready, the cache page is being re-written.

Thanks,

- VPDJ - Paul J
Yep, the prohibition on lists of caches is a new rule post moratorium.

I would suggest getting a new gc code for this to avoid issues with having multiple checkers out there and people saying that some people qualified but don't check.

If you really want to use the old gc code, confirm it.

I see you have tagging authority so it should just be a template for next year.
Ok - great - thanks - I have removed the old tag and added a tag for your new checker - looks good

- Thanks,

- VPDJ - Paul J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login